“Home from home but better!”

Courtyard Hotel Rosebank
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Johannesburg
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Staying at The Courtyard was just wonderful. The team were welcoming, warm, friendly and efficient and I felt really safe in the hotel itself.
My room was fabulous. It didn't feel like I was in a hotel as such as there was a mini kitchen and dining table and the room had more character than the standard 'chain' hotels in Johannesburg which really made a difference for my four night stay. It was also immaculately clean.
As a female on business alone I was a little daunted about heading out for dinner in the evening but there are plenty of nice restaurants at the mall/outside the Hyatt (which is just opposite) and a woolworths to get food (like M&S Simply Food) if you fancy a night in. There is also plenty of security in the area (even until late) and the security guard at the hotel can also come and meet you to cross the road which is so lovely.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough and would definitely go back if I return to Johannesburg in the future.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Gabriella x

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Gabriella D

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Our stay was very positive. Helpful staff, comfortable accommodation and good breakfast to start the day. The bonus of a free evening snack and drink in the lounge. The position works well, just across the road from the Gautrain station, and the Rosebank shopping centre. No dinner at the hotel but plenty of eateries in the shopping complex. would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Motel style access, and if you had heavy luggage you would want to request a ground level room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Radix7
CityLodgeJHB, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Many thanks for your comments about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon at this hotel or at another hotel in the City Lodge Hotels group.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed there only one night in July 2012. But nice hotel in nice setting. Staff was friendly. And we had to take a smokers room (all non smokers have been occupied), but it was still OK since the room did not smell much.
Great parking possibilities.
The only critiques are a very slow check in process and an expensive breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hypercube
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks back and it was great value for money. Its very homely and the staff are friendly and nice. Its also near a shopping mall and eating places.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2012

A very well situated hotel across the road from the Rosebank shopping mall and close to the Gautrain station. I arrived at night for a meeting the next morning. The room allocated was very comfortable with a small dining area, a little kitchen in a cupboard and a lounge with a television. The bedroom was compact with a small television, and a very well laid out bed with cushions spread out. Very clean and comfortable. Bathroom was small with toiletries decorated on the vanity basin and nice clean fluffy towels.

Supper was a problem. The hotel used three restaurants in Rosebank to service them. The Grand Station restaurant that I ordered my supper from was really disappointing.

Breakfast at the hotel was good. Well laid out and with a variety of choices in fruit, cereals and hot servings. A pleasant one night stay, except for the supper!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for nearly three weeks and their winter ( June) was to begin and I needed to use the extra blanket kept in the closet. This blanket was full of invisible bug and i had the bit of it all over my body. At first I thought I was allergic to the blanket but the bug transferred to the bed and for two nights I had the worst sleeps. Each day I complained to the front desk to change the blanket, sheets and use insecticide but they didn't. At last I changed room and requested to laundry all of my closes which were in contact with the blanket and the bed so that I will not carry the bug to my home; the manager assumed I was lying. Of all the days this is the day which made me very angry. They didn't acknowledge the problem and trust the customer. I can share pictures of the body parts suffered from the bit upon request, i didn't find it necessary to share it here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The first night I came to this hotel from oversees, I could not access the internet because the gentleman at the front desk did not have access to the vouchers--thus I could not email home and tell them I arrived safely. Service is always unsure of themselves when you ask them questions. The breakfast is good. Internet is extremely expensive at $6/hour--no daily rates or specials. The hotel is in a good location (across from a mall) but is set up extremely strange and I was put into a room at the direct end whereas I had to walk outside in the cold for 10 minutes. I would NOT stay here again! Room is average...nice sheets, awkward layout. ALSO NO FITNESS center which I think is normal for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business