“Magic again and again .....!”
Review of Villa Simonne

Villa Simonne
Ranked #19 of 298 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My third stay at Villa Simonne and I can honestly say that it only gets better each time! This visit allowed me more time to explore all the delightful areas in the gardens and this contributed to a very relaxing stay.
I have stayed in a different suite each time and the attention to detail continues to surprise me. Each suite is totally unique and I can't fault anything - the rooms are much more spacious than the average hotel room in a business hotel in JHB.
The team welcomed me as a friend more than a client and yet maintained their professionalism at all times - a fine balance that was maintained throughout my stay.
I travel a lot for business and Villa Simonne will see me each time I am back in JHB - a true oasis!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank reisguru

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We were surprised in every way. The pictures of Villa Simonne, though extensive and varied, do not come close to revealing the spectacular features of this facility. The staff were overwhelming with personal care and service The many niches and locations within the facility, both indoors and outside, allow for you to be alone and in a wonderful, luxurious setting no matter where you choose to land. Rooms are extremely thoughtful in decor and amenities. This is a great value

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JFD131
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I stayed at the Villa Simone with my partner on valentines day. The moment I drove I was mesmerized by the beautiful mansion, big beautiful garden, Lovely bar and their very inviting pool area. We were then lead to our intimate spot themed The African Queen River Boat where a dinner table was set for us, wine, rose petals and everything beautiful. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the rooms are all individually themed. I was staying at the Emperor Nero which had a glass tile which gavee a view directly into the pool. The hotel is located in a great area close to the malls. I would highly recomend Villa Simonne to anyone looking to have a holiday in paradise.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shanice T
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I stayed in January 2013 with my wife and two children for 5 days in the 2 bedroom apartment Florence. The hotel and its grounds are definitely an experience and something that I have never seen in my life. The management and staff are delightful and hospital people, they did everything in their reach to make us feel at ease, after an unfortunate event, in this family style hotel.
We will definitely come back to this hotel at our next stay in Johannesburg

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank worldtravellers065
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Spent a magical week in Joburg recently. The work not so much, but evenings were filled with camaraderie, conversations and flow of ideas all inspired no doubt by ample supplies of brandy and hot water and other libations of global flavors

The Inn keeper's heir apparent - Mr Dimitri him of the radical alternative medicine specialty has now come back to take care of the business affairs of this wonderful B&B established by his father

This B&B is inspired by the hot spots of the world -- Olympia, Bali, Rome Egypt with each room having objects d'art from those particular parts of the world. Valuable carpets adorn the place along with 2 family dogs who are very much a part of the B&B as their proprieters. And it works because is all nicely tended to by a very good wait staff fronted by the very able Nicole and other cast of characters

Would highly recommend this place for young couples romancing or older couples celebrating or indeed anybody who love all things eclectic in life. This is truly a throwback to an era passed that will never be regained. Do not miss having a drink at the "Hollywood" bar - a tribute to Hollywood actors of old, complete with its own casino table, jazz ensemble & disco ball to boot

I look forward to another trip to Joburg simply to relax at the bar or the garden area & get a flavor of what is a once in a lifetime B&B experience

Room Tip: All rooms are very different but choose the ones overlooking the swimming pool...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Shri_Ranganathan
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My stay at Villa Simonne was so much more than i expected. An escape from reality & the hustle & bustle, yet 2 mins from the highway and corporate world, making it perfectly located!!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful in everyway, making my stay truly unforgettable.

Each area in Villa Simonne has so much history and culture, alot of effort and detail has gone into the decor. Its all so glamorous, elegant and interesting.

My suit, The Marakesh had a dreamy & classy feel (even romantic making it perfect for a couple), sitting on the bacalcony looking out onto the lucious garden, it was so peaceful, I felt like I was out in nature on a retreat.

I especially love the Grand Bar and Saloon, so unique!!

The garden looked magical & mystical. So beautiful, pitty about the rain, would have loved to see the night garden, I'll definitely see the magic on my next stay:)

I cant quite call Villa Simone a Guest lodge, its in a class of its own, like nothing Ive seen before. perfect for a couples retreat. business trips or even just an overnight stay, infact, there's so much to see & experience, one night is just not enough.

Thank you.... I'll Definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Caz555
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My husband and I booked in to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It was a perfect in every way and a dream come true.

The atmosphere is incredible and the decor and attention to detail is amazing: we travel a lot and we have never seen anything like it.

The staff were wonderful, and went out of their way to make it an unforgettable weekend for us. They even set a romantic table for us in the garden on the African Queen Barge – a very special evening.

Special thanks to Nadine – you were amazing. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple