“What a place!”

Ranked #10 of 1,323 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We merge the classic and the contemporary to create fusion between food and culture for a new South African palate. We're at the Nicolway Shopping Centre, Bryanston
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

It's elegant yet simple. Clever yet refined. Smart but Comfortable. This is my second visit and I still very happy with my choice. Great food. Different menu for a change, not the same old 'Protein and a starch' that is common of the chain franchises. Good food, interesting food and tasty food. Oh the wine selection is small but well planned. Service is pleasant and not overbearing. Equally good as a business or private venue. Will go back!

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I have been to Licorish quite a few times now and finally decided to write a well deserved review. The restaurant has a consistent level of great service, great food and a great vibe. The food is delicious, the staff are friendly and well trained (something that seems so rare these days) Hardly waited 20 minutes for drinks and food (lunch was at 12:00 on a Sunday) I recommend trying the wine pairings. Selection between lamb, fish or beef - absolutely gorgeous. The menu changes frequently (with favourites kept on board) which is great. I never visit another restaurant when I am in the area. Keep up the good work.

1  Thank BailliesManor
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Went for a quick dinner on a quiet Sunday night. Food was of the of the quality I expected after reading all the complementary reviews, although I wasn't ready for the fantastic service.
Very attentive and insightful, our server was Frans, keep it up!
Will be back soon.

1  Thank NemZa
Reviewed 29 October 2013

A business dinner with 14 guests - an interesting and varied menu with tasting dishes of steak, lamb, game and seafood which is a nice concept. Service was excellent and our waitron was pleasant and attentive. The marrow bone/snail/parmesan starter was excellent! Definitely worth another visit. The situation is not great as it has a view over a car park and is not particularly cosy.

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I loved my food and so did our friends! The starter was combined onto one plate so that everyone could have a taste!! Fabulous idea, thanks to our helpful waitron!! The pork belly is also to die for! Cant wait to go back tonight!