“Shocking Service and an Embarrassment”
Review of Metzuyan - CLOSED

Metzuyan
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was invited as a guest along with one of South Africa's prominent Rabbis and his wife to a dinner at Metzuyan. It was an embarrasment to say the least when my host's steak was served, just about cooked,. It was taken away and and ten minutes later replaced with a half eaten one tat belonged to another guest, with acknowlegment and a little apology. Had the manager even recognized a prominent Rabbi of the community in his restaurant, he could have at least welcomed him to the restaurant or even to say good evening. Few of the guest came to pay their respects. His wife' food was just as bad been served raw and had to be send back. In all the meal took (timed by my son) alsmost 40 minutes before it arrived. Oh at the beginning, we asked for a jug of water that never came and when we asked for the jug, we were told they don't serve jugs of water.
The price of the fillet steak was if I remember 199 rand A total ripoff.
I will never set foot in that establishment again.
It was a disgrace.

2  Thank TourSoweto

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Sadly this was the worst meal I have ever had. The service was slow and unobliging, but the worst part was when the food eventually did arrive my steak was raw. I sent it back and got another piece of meat which clearly was not mine dumped on my plate as I had kept the chips to eat while they cooked the steak. I asked the waitress if this was my meat or another guest's? To my horror she told me that it was another guest's steak. Amazingly they then wanted it back and may have given it to the other guest! I was revolted.

I told the manager that I had never ever been treated in such an unhygienic manner and he did not care one bit. He offered me something else, but by this time they had successfully ruined my dinner party.

Then to top it off, one of my guests then found that her burger was also raw. They did cook it again and thankfully brought back the same piece of meat.

This was after we had waited over an hour for the food to arrive in the first place.

The manager and staff did not care one bit, but did not charge me for my steak which was not replaced.

We were not offered coffee or anything to compensate for a total disaster.

We will not be going back as they clearly do not care for customers who what hygienic good food served with a smile.

2  Thank Allan F
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We have eaten at Metzuyan many times and have always had wonderful and delicious meals there. We have found the food to be fresh, beautifully presented as well as tasty. The meat is well aged, tender and juicy.

1  Thank Benjib6
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We ended up here by default and we really regretted not making the effort to travel further. The waiter was rude and ungrateful for a generous tip. The food was very expensive. The scotch fillet was tough and tasteless. The 'salad' was uncooked stir fry.

1  Thank KirstyMaclons