“Distinctly average”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The Meat Co is, quite frankly, pretty average for the prices they charge. I've been there a few times for business lunches and dinners.

On my most recent visit, I stood at the door waiting for someone to help me for a few minutes - this in spite of the fact that there were 5 waiting staff standing around just looking at me! I always maintain that a friendly welcome is critical, so this is just not acceptable.

They do make good steaks but you can get better in Joburg (like The Local Grill or Wombles - both in Parktown North).

A good tip: if you are going in a large group, book a private dining room as both the service and ambience will be much better.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Loved this restaurant. Great value and excellent quality steaks. Was there for lunch so didn't explore the wine list but can only imagine that the list paired well with the excellent quality meats.

My steak was cooked perfectly and the herb butter with the pepper crusted preparation was a perfect combination. Loved the bread basket that started this meal. Also enjoyed the onion rings.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Business meal. 2 x in bone fillet steaks -ok but hardly any meat and more like a piece that the dog would have.
The wine list was smaller than expected and very disappointing considering our first 2 choices of red had 'run out'.
Nice to have tried it but there are a lot better places in Joburg.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

For $25 USD my wife and I had a lovely dinner consisting of a t-bone steak, burger, fries, glass of wine, and a beer! You can't beat that! And the food was excellent at that!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

On my visit a lot of menu items not available. However staff were helpful and we made the best of it.