“A pleasant evening with my Husband!!!!”

Emoyeni Conference Centre
Ranked #322 of 1,237 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We invite you to step inside and relive the splendour of yesteryear at this spectacular 1905 Edwardian masterpiece. A venue for all occasions, boasting one of the best views in Johannesburg! Emoyeni, the 'Place in the Air' in Nguni, is located on the highest point, of the highest ridge in Parktown. Built for the Honorable Henry Hull to host lavish parties for the Rand Lords of the day, Emoyeni has recreated the grandeur of its yesteryear hospitality in their conference, function and dining offering. Enjoy the elegance and timeless luxury of this English Renaissance beauty, taking you back to the turn of the century as you unwind and see for yourself why Johannesburg is the the world's largest man made forest. Emoyeni offers a venue for all occassions. Depending on the nature of your event and seating requirements, Emoyeni offers you a choice of excellent venues to host your event.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My Husband and I had Dinner at Emoyeni on the 21 June 2014. What a pleasant experience. Emoyeni waiters were attentive to us and made our evening a special one. To top it all we had an opportunity to experience Chef Ayanda's new menu which was mouth watering.

I honestly believe this venue is going places and will definitely be coming for more as I heard there will be a new Menu Launch soon!!!!

5  Thank Zeldamarcus9

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Emoyeni is a lovely heritage house on Parktown ridge, incredible views over Johannesburg. Unfortunately the service and even the maintenance is shockingly bad. I was there for a business breakfast this morning, we had to repeat our order several times, the staff are very poorly trained. And the coffee is horrible.

The food was average, not only do they automatically assume that everyone eats bacon and sausage (they only take orders for eggs), the waiter actually said to us that if we wanted to leave a tip, this should preferably be in cash!

And when I went to the bathroom, there was no toilet paper, only empty toilet rolls lying around on the floor.

It is really a shame that a place like this can be run into the ground, best to stay away until it is sold.

2  Thank Hooggenoeg
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This venue has to be one of the most beautiful houses of the Randlord era. It is quite rundown but being a heritage home, nothing can be done without approvals which take forever. I saw it before the revamp and must say they did a good job. Some damage had been sustained when I last took a client for a site inspection but was assured it would all be fixed. Food...not great. Service..poor. Overall quite sad as was such a great venue with great service and food when it was run by Michel Morand from Auberge Michel. I cannot recommend to clients anymore until someone who has experience in F&B takes over again and the place is run as the graceful place she used to be.

3  Thank Lutzie
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I finally got the chance to go to Emoyeni for lunch with a friend. The view is amazing. The environment is great but the service was very bad. The waiter had no idea what the dishes were served with. He gave me an old menu so I chose a dessert that wasn't on the menu anymore, he didn't even realize it was because he gave me a wrong menu. WORST of all, my salmon dish had a piece of plastic in it. I felt a funny thing in my mouth as I was chewing and realized it was a plastic. I didn't pay for my meal.

I really wouldnt go back for lunch. It was not the standard of fine dining.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This was hands down one of the worst "fine dining" experiences I have had. Service?? What service we had to beg for food, wine cutlery water. Food cold and dry, management didn't give a damn. Lots of people walked out without paying. People we loitering in the lounges lying on the sofas with dirty plates on the seats giving the venue the feel of a seedy back packers lodge. Just an awful waste of money. Felt sorry for our hosts they were mortified. At R350 per head we expected more, You would get a better experience at a Mac Donald's drive through !

1  Thank namwai