“Just Fabulous!!!”

Ranked #36 of 295 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Lusaka, Zambia
“Just Fabulous!!!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This place is amazing.. Its a home away from home. It gives you that warm lush feeling inside, I came to Joburg for a Graduation Ceremory with the family but decided to stay an extra two days to ease my connection for my onward travels. So searched the net for places to stay near the airport, and came across this little gem.. I can honestly say having spent 3 nights in a five star before hand, I was bracing myself..So my story goes, my cab from the airport got lost as the driver said he wasn't familiar with the area(I was like dude really??), So I phoned Malandela and they offered to pick me up. And that was the start of my amazing stay, my room was lovely, the gardens are gorgeous and my room was closest to the pool( any excuse to take a dip). They took me to the shops, offered advise were to get the best deals, lifts to and from the station..I could go on for days . Hats off to Don and Marina, you have a lovely Guest manor, I felt so at home, it was like staying with my Aunt and Uncle.. Ill most definitely be coming back!!

Sipho

From London & Lusaka

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband visited the guest manor a few weeks ago, and we are so glad we did! From planning our visit, needing directions and transfers, to the food and hospitality, this place was such a treat.

The rooms are very well presented and have everything you could need for a relaxing stay. It felt like a modern hotel room rather than a guest house, very nice. Large bath tub and great shower. Comfy beds and a TV too.

Outside the garden is beautiful and well kept. The pool is very large and quiet so perfect for relaxing. The addition of a few sun loungers would make it perfect.

The food served at dinner was great and extremely well cooked. Breakfast was also very tasty.

The owners were never troubled when we asked for transfers to the local train station or to the airport, making our stay feel more like staying with friends.

We will definitely be back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Very nice place and great food. The service is good and the rooms are just perfect. We stayed here on short notice ant they gladly took us and made everything just perfect. The place we were to stay over booked and did not have any rooms left. They called Malandela and they took us in. They court yard is beautiful and very well kept up. I found this nicer then most US places I have stayed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bloemfontein
Reviewed 24 January 2014

All people are very friendly, facility is fantastic, food is excellent. This is my home away from home. They even offered to drop me off at airport and pick me up on my return. My vehicle was stored at their premises at no extra cost at all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

After a 6 hour very tiring drive from Kwa-Zulu Natal, we had a great stay at the Malandela Guest Manor. After searching very hard for a decent accommodation, we were gracefully welcomed by Marine.We had a very delicious breakfast, wonderful view with fresh air. Unfortunately our stay was cut short due to business we had come for went accordingly and we were on our way back home that very same day. Thank you very much and would not mins seeing you again soon for a longer visit.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

After our 2 week safari 7 weeks ago we arrived at our hotel booking and were advised we had been “transferred “ to Malandela Guest House despite our booking having been paid for many months previously.
What a pleasant surprise awaited us, a lovely guest home with beautiful gardens and swimming pool and wonderful comfortable beds in a modern new accommodation addition completed within the last two years.
Marina and Danie our hosts, made us feel as if we were personal guests staying with them and nothing was too much trouble; Marina’s restaurant meals were delicious and it was lovely to sit with her around her dining table to discuss the similarities of our countries. A real gem to find and very close to the airport, a most enjoyable 2 night stay and; would love to stay again sometime.

Room Tip: All rooms had the same quality and would suit most tourists
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 315Brandy48
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I arrived at the Johannesburg South Africa airport with a group only to be told that the hotel I had booked was overbooked. That hotel had arranged for 14 of us to go to the Malandela Guest Manor. That turned out to be a wonderful experience-even an improvement over my previous choice. The facilities were exceptional, the food was great, the hospitality was excellent. My group shared experiences with the other travelers at the original hotel the next day as we traveled on to Victoria Falls and we all concluded we would choose Malandela Guest Manor. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johannesburg
Sunrock Guesthouse
#46 of 295 in Johannesburg
Avant Garde Lodge
Avant Garde Lodge
#12 of 66 in Kempton Park

Been to Malandela Guest Manor? Share your experiences!