“Very Nice”

Ranked #30 of 297 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Wetaskiwin, Alberta
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Everyone and everything was excellent, we really enjoyed ourselves and everything was taken care of, had great amenities and breakfast, I can't wait to take the family there, next time we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jonathan B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

we were moved to this location, because of a booking mix-up at the location where we stayed the previous night, and were very pleased to find a really nice alternative. The house was quite lovley, the rooms clean & comfortable, and the hosts did everything they coul do make us welcome. they also provided a shuttle to the airport for my trip home. We will no doubt stay there next time we are in Johannesburg.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were booked into the Malandela Guest Manor by our previous B&B as they were full. On arrival we found ourselves at a beautiful house, met by the two owners, Danie and Marina. We were shown to our wonderfully appointed rooms and then toured the rest of the house - the breakfast room, sports bar with snooker table and dart board, then lead out into the vast garden with full size pool. 3 of us were staying and the remaining 7 in the group arrived at various times of the day to freshen up and change before flying home later. A delicious hot lunch was served to them and everyone was made most welcome even though not staying the night. The house is obviously a family home and is decorated tastefully with personal family pictures that add a relaxing and cosy feel to the place. The whole group agreed that we would definitely stay here if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: Keep your door that leads onto the garden closed to avoid mosquitos flying in.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Polokwane, South Africa
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Malandela has been my choice of accommodation since it has opened its doors almost 18 months ago. Danie and Marina are the best hosts ever and their warm and friendly reception are always something to be looking forward to. The facilities are very comfortable, very clean and very neat - a top class guest house with loads of character! The exceptional high quality of their meals are testimony of the couple's 30 years experience in the restaurant business. A highly recommended sleep over for business people, tourists and families.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Lake Cowichan, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Needed a place to stay overnight on our way to Botswana..very convenient because we were picked up at the airport and driven directly to Malandela Guest House. Friendly welcoming atmosphere even though it was late evening. Rooms clean with great amenities ..shower and bath.
The grounds are beautiful and breakfast very good.
We were driven back to the airport in am as part of the service..
Definitely need a car to get around if you wanted to stay for sightseeing

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Carroll B
Lusaka, Zambia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This place is amazing.. Its a home away from home. It gives you that warm lush feeling inside, I came to Joburg for a Graduation Ceremory with the family but decided to stay an extra two days to ease my connection for my onward travels. So searched the net for places to stay near the airport, and came across this little gem.. I can honestly say having spent 3 nights in a five star before hand, I was bracing myself..So my story goes, my cab from the airport got lost as the driver said he wasn't familiar with the area(I was like dude really??), So I phoned Malandela and they offered to pick me up. And that was the start of my amazing stay, my room was lovely, the gardens are gorgeous and my room was closest to the pool( any excuse to take a dip). They took me to the shops, offered advise were to get the best deals, lifts to and from the station..I could go on for days . Hats off to Don and Marina, you have a lovely Guest manor, I felt so at home, it was like staying with my Aunt and Uncle.. Ill most definitely be coming back!!

Sipho

From London & Lusaka

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband visited the guest manor a few weeks ago, and we are so glad we did! From planning our visit, needing directions and transfers, to the food and hospitality, this place was such a treat.

The rooms are very well presented and have everything you could need for a relaxing stay. It felt like a modern hotel room rather than a guest house, very nice. Large bath tub and great shower. Comfy beds and a TV too.

Outside the garden is beautiful and well kept. The pool is very large and quiet so perfect for relaxing. The addition of a few sun loungers would make it perfect.

The food served at dinner was great and extremely well cooked. Breakfast was also very tasty.

The owners were never troubled when we asked for transfers to the local train station or to the airport, making our stay feel more like staying with friends.

We will definitely be back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johannesburg
Sunrock Guesthouse
#172 of 297 in Johannesburg
Arum Place Guest House
Arum Place Guest House
#2 of 297 in Johannesburg

Been to Malandela Guest Manor? Share your experiences!