“Over Rated”

Adega
Ranked #266 of 1,231 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Went with the company for a Christmas luncheon and was sorely disappointed in the food and service - was looking forward to eating there - but it was not a good experience

There are newer reviews for Adega

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Best vibe and good food. They made my surprise birthday party a memorable one. The food was enough to feed an army, buffet style. You can't go wrong, the staff were commendable. Awesome, it was special.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had two bad experiences. I must admit the particular branch has closed down so not entirely fair to Adego's who can provide a seriously good Nasional sauce. The experiences were related to a friends Anniversary (My treat) and a business dinner and in both cases service was a problem and knowing prawns, they had been re-frozen both times and stick to the shells. The manager had the audacity to blame patrons not eating enough and having to re-freeze.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I probably eat here at least every month / alternate month. This is my second visit this month where I was disappointed. Went for dinner with some business colleagues. Didn't make any reservations but I got there early so getting a table wasn't difficult. The prawns and chicken were average. Both fish dishes, kingklip and the panga had almost the same taste. Very disappointing! There hasn't been a decent change in the presentation of the food and the fish dishes are becoming boring. The addition of the 10% tip I think is a rip off. Don't get me wrong, if the service is good, 10% is a pleasure but the service / meal is not up to standard anymore. I think a revamp is due... on the meals, service and the decor. Very sad, I used to love this place...it's just lost its touch and feel. Really Sad!

1  Thank AzTee
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Was known for its excellent seafood, but now, the quality of food has really deteriorated, the signage is broken and it just looks run down. They do a seafood buffet, but I know of two people who got ill just after eating there. Won't be going back.