“Good food for a hotel restaurant, but not a destination unless your lodging here”
Review of Sel et Poivre

Sel et Poivre
Ranked #977 of 1,315 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have stayed at the hotel for 5 nights, and ate room service and in the restaurant. The food overall is very good and well prepared, but stick to the basics. They have excellent chicken, beef and lamb dishes. They do those really well, and when I asked they tailored some of them for me.

1  Thank robfromVancouver

Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Sel et Poivre at The Quartermaine in RIVONIA, what a disappointing waste of money! Besides the 1970's half dead flower arrangement and plastic table cloth over the fabric one, the food was a big let down. Had the foie gras on butternut tarte tatin for starters, it was ok, tasted my partners escargo, in thick pastry with a sauce that completely overpowered the dish. As for mains, DON'T order the sliced duck, it was severely over cooked, I battled to cut through it, the beetroot gratin was thick almost wedges of beetroot totally uneven and poorly executed, it was so disappointing I didn't even try dessert and I'm a desert man. The best part of the evening was the company as the waiter couldn't even get the bill right! Last time we ever go there, I think it was the chef and sous night off on the same night!

1  Thank SAEasyTraveller