“Authentic, Well Priced, Reliable Japanese food”
Review of Misaki - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Authentic, Well Priced, Reliable Japanese food”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I'll get to the point instead of beating around the bush. Japanese people is all about respect so respect how they run their business. If you can drop the expectation of good service then you can really enjoy what's on offer. The food is the best you can find in this town that is realistically priced. The food is always fresh and authentic, which is expected since the owners are Japanese themselves and whom once for years worked at the popular Japa restaurant. This is a hidden restaurant behind a gas station but still exposed enough to be seen. The place is safe and has vehicle parkings out front. I would recommend coming in a group so that the awareness of the simple furnishings of the restaurant will soon be forgotten amidst laughter and buzz.

• Visited July 2014

Kempton Park, South Africa
“Food very good, Waiters need some training”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Food was very good...could not fault it, but waiters Verbal Skills very bad, and almost as if'they do not really speak English. It makes for the experience to be somewhat distressing if you have to everytime try and explain what you want, and then getting orders wrong because they do not understand. But food was of high quality.

• Visited June 2014
Ichikawa, Japan
“Good food!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is the 4th Japanese restaurant in Joburg with Japanese sushi master. I had Sashimi Ume to try their Sashimi. Serving was generous and fish was fresh. Sushi came on a wooden ship. Nice touch.
To finish my meal I had stir fried pork & vegetable noodles. Vegetable was cooked right but it had red peepers which is not authentic. But tasted good.

There was a group of Japanese business people at next table. This shows this place is good.

• Visited February 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“I'll definitely be back...”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Do not be put off by the Petrol Station adjacent location this is worth the visit. Since arriving in JHB I've been wanting some good Japanese, unfortunately I've mostly found westernised versions of sushi and little else. This place was a real find, the tempura and accompaniments were excellent, as was the Miso. The Gyoza were also great and clearly fresh. My friend had the Pork Katsudon and he was very impressed.

I was impressed to see some Japanese Salary Men sitting at the next table who were clearly enjoying the food. There was Sake, Kirin, Asahi and Shochu on the drinks menu as well.

I am excited to go back and try more of the menu!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Andrew C
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good Food!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

WE visited this restaurant on Sunday 1st July. We are always looking for good Japanese restaurants with fresh food and this was it!The other customers were all Japanese so that was a good sign. The fresh springroll was as I remember it in Hiroshima- delicious! The platter we shared had good and not so good pieces. The sashimi was great but many of the sushi rolls contained mayonnaise- so not Japanese.
When we finished our meal the chef asked us how we liked it and I complimented him and also mentioned the mayonnaise. He said next time to remind him to omit it.
The decor was minimal Japanese, there was no wine list but you could buy by the glass and no cider!
I will visit again!