“Loved it”

Garden Court Milpark
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Johannesburg
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed in the Milpark Holiday Inn last September/October and had an incredible time there. We were so amazed by the friendliness of people such as Pauline at the reception desk, who went so far as to assist us with arranging transport to go to the train station. The driver, Welcome, was so kind and gracious, assisting us with our bags, sharing information on Braamfontein and helping us to orient ourselves. The breakfast was lovely, and we had room service at night time, which was also delicious. The rooms were very clean, we had coffee and tea for our arrival, and the bathroom was full of hot water. All in all, we had a lovely time, and I would come back to Milpark again, if we were back in Jo'burg.

Room Tip: The rooms near the top have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicja63

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Our stay at this hotel was good.

Rooms were clean. Breakfast was lovely. And service was pleasant.

Location central. Ask for rooms on the quieter side as rooms facing high way very noisy.

Checking in a bit delayed and room keys never worked the first time.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the traffic. No spa - No gym. Virgin active is across the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Atia M
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I are regulars at the Garden Court Milpark.. the Staff are always friendly, breakfast caters a variety of food for vegetarians... and the rooms are always neat & tidy. We also book through our Discovery vitality and get a good discount. There are also many resturants near by in Greenside if you're wanting some good italian food.

Room Tip: Choose rooms 301 / 302.. they are much bigger that the others
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
RedLinz, General Manager at Garden Court Milpark, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Katrien P,

Thank you for your review on Garden Court Milpark. I am so glad that you enjoy your stays with us. The positive feedback is really appreciated and will be relayed to the entire team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Warm Regards
Linda Reddy

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I had booked a night at this hotel before reading the reviews on TA. And then I got scared. It sounded like a hell-hole. But let me assure fellow travellers that its not. Its the equivalent of most Garden Courts in Johannesburg. I booked and paid on line. The staff were friendly and check in was efficient and quick. My room card worked every time. Because it is an older hotel, the rooms are bigger than normal. My room was spotlessly clean and my TV programmed with all the channels. The air con is of the older type but its the same in other similar hotels. Room service from the on-site restaurant was quick, fresh and very generously portioned. Breakfast was exactly the same as other Garden Courts - nothing was frozen. I wouldn't walk alone at night in the area (but I wouldn't in other areas either). It was a convenient location for my business trip and I would stay there again. Its not a 5 star experience but it isn't claiming to be. It's a solid Garden Court and my stay was extremely pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Karen G,
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely appreciate it as it aids in improving our service. Thank you for providing a more balanced view of the hotel.
We pride ourselves in providing great service and adhering to the Garden Court standards.
I certainly hope that you will stay with us when you are next in the area and look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards
Linda Reddy

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Hotel is in a very bad condition,staff unfriendly and not at all helpful,YES they say it is a very old Hotel but being filthy id not any excuse especiall being a Southern Sun Hotel

Room Tip: ALL rooms very bad
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Saira B
MickeyR100, General Manager at Garden Court Milpark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Saira B

Thank you very much for your feedback and kindly accept our sincere apology as this is not our normal standard at Garden Court Hatfield.

You’re sincerely
Mickey Rautenbach

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Stayed here recently on a business trip and hated every minute of it. The rooms are old and outdated and the hotel itself can do with a complete makeover.
The breakfast is weak and the location is dark and dangerous. You never feel safe in this area.
The smoking rooms have a stale smell as if they were not aired out properly. I am a frequent guest but was never acknowledged as one at check-in which is a let down considering the amount of business i give the group. From here i flew to Cape Town and stayed at Garden Court Eastern Boulevard and the difference in service was extreme. Eastern Boulevard reckonised me as a frequent guest and even supplied my morning newspaper as promised. Far cry from Milpark where i never got my paper.
Oh and they dont have showers...the shower over the bath scenario is pretty annoying as there are puddles on the floor when you are done... how many businessmen have the time to soak in the tub in the morning??
I will not be back....ever!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Arrived here at 11pm and it took reception staff 25 min to check us inn. First they could not find our reservation even though we had print outs of confirmation from online booking, then the printer was not working. Rooms were dated but clean. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family