All reviewswits universitybasic amenitiestsogo suncomfortable staychecking inroom servicetv channelsfamily roomthe hotel staffclose proximityfront desk staffrooms are cleanbusiness triphome away from homeconvenient locationfordsburgstanley
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Besides the dirty rooms and bad attitude staff. I was charged for parking my car. I can't believe that above the over priced rooms for what you get they have the ordacity to charge a ridiculous amount to park your car.
I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN TO

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Noël A M, General Manager at Garden Court Milpark, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Adrianodello

We are most grateful and appreciative that you chose to stay and experience our hotel in December 2017 during your recent trip to Johannesburg and especially for taking the time to do a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. Your patronage and support is greatly appreciated always and so is your feedback which is most welcomed and valued.

We are thankful for your review. Your feedback were all duly noted and shared with the relevant Management and staff at the hotel for investigation, for which they are most thankful and appreciative of the feedback. Thank you for speak with our Assistant General Manager yesterday after we had received your completed Guest Satisfaction Survey that we had sent to you after your checkout and are most appreciative of your time afforded to us and for elaborating on the issues which we understood was mainly about your dissatisfaction of having to pay for parking. As you can appreciate, we are therefore very surprised to read your comments on this review as the only issue that your mentioned in your review that correlates to our conversation yesterday is your dissatisfaction about paying for parking. What you did mention to us yesterday when we called you, was that you found the room being 'stuffy' on check-in however you confirmed that you did not report it to the hotel staff or management as you felt that you were not often in the room anyway, you also mentioned about the window that only opened slightly, which we explain is normal as it is for safety reasons, you further mentioned that as a Rewards (Loyalty Programme) member, you did not receive any discounts on your rate to which we explained that you were only on a Promotional Rate (well under R1000 B&B), Weekend Escape and therefore did not qualify for any other discounts in-line with the T&C, you also asked about the separate charge of 1% Tourism Levy as your experienced has been that it is included in the rate, to which we explained that it was a Government Tax and it was a legal requirement to levy it as a separate line item on the invoice and was charged by all registered hotels in the country. Lastly but not least, you mentioned again, having already mentioned to our AGM during your stay, about your dissatisfaction over paying for Parking and that you have never paid for parking at any hotel that you've stayed at in the past, which the AGM explained again that various hotels have different arrangements for parking and that although some hotels do offer it complimentary, others do charge for Parking, which is an acceptable international practice.

We do apologies and regret that you felt that we did not meet with your expectations on this occasion and for any inconvenience that may have been caused as a result.

We thank you once again for your patronage and support which is always greatly valued.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Everything was good the hotel cleaning services was perfect the lady who was cleaning my room was amazing. The breakfast was good but i had wait for warm milk and coyldht eat my cerel it arrived when i was alredady seated myself

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Noël A M, General Manager at Garden Court Milpark, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear 556khanyisilem

We are most grateful and appreciative that you chose to stay again and experience our hotel in November 2017 during your recent trip to Johannesburg and especially for taking the time to do a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. Your patronage and support is greatly appreciated always and so is your feedback which is most welcomed and valued.

We are most delighted and very encouraged indeed to read your score and review with the heading "Good" and that "Everything was good, the hotel cleaning services was perfect, the lady who was cleaning your room was amazing and the breakfast was good. We regret to read that we had to wait a little while we replenished the Hot Milk flask. Your feedback have all been duly noted and shared with the respective Management and staff, for which they are most thankful and appreciative of the feedback.

We thank you once again for your patronage and support which is always greatly valued and we do look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back in the near future when you are next in Johannesburg.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

It was a great Tuesday late night arrival. The hotel staff was on point to whisk me through to my apartment. The apartment was exactly on point and high enough for me to take advantage of the quiet cool Johannesburg late clean and refreshing breeze. I should have picked up some bottled water along my journey, but I always looked forward to the -in room supplies. Smokers will always spoil our fresh abundant air and must be informed accordingly that their actions go way far than they intend. After smokers are human too and if they are told they surely will be considerate. I could not settle quickly as I wanted to because there was someone that late taking their puff and I had to also partake passively so without them knowing I was also puffing next door or even above their apartment. I do recall very well that a big no smoking sign exists in each and every apartment. You know man and rules go hand in hand especially when it comes to going against the rules.

Besides this draw back the staff in all departments were on point every step of my stay there. The service was so quick especially when I checked out, I even forgot to hand back my apartment key. I have made arrangements for the property to be returned to Milpark as soon as possible, just because I know one more guest will need to be serviced like I was. All other improvements are a small adjustment here and there to the interest of the guests.

Regards

Daniel

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Noël A M, General Manager at Garden Court Milpark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear DanielMafoko

We are most delighted and very encouraged indeed to read your score and review with the heading "My Movember stay at Garden Court - Milpark" and that you had a great stay overall. Your feedback have all been duly noted and shared with the respective Management and staff, for which they are most thankful and appreciative of the feedback.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

It was the first time, but definitely won't be the last. I would recommend to my friends. Great room, good service, easy to check in and out.
With a safe parking, I didn't have to worry about my car at night, which is always a plus!

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Noël A M, General Manager at Garden Court Milpark, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear kingas88

We are most delighted and very encouraged indeed to read your score and review with the heading "Definitely would go again!" and that you found a Great room, good service, easy to check in and out, safe parking that you didn't have to worry about your car at night, which is always a plus for you and especially that it was your first time, but definitely won't be your last and that you would recommend to my friends. Your feedback have all been duly noted and shared with the respective Management and staff, for which they are most thankful and appreciative of the feedback.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

The hotel is well located close to the Wits university and City. It offers all the basic amenities. The hotel has a reasonable breakfast selection to offer. The rooms are clean and very spacious. The bathrooms provisions are somewhat limited especially for a couple. The air conditioner unit is unusually loud too.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Noël A M, General Manager at Garden Court Milpark, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear drbadds

We are most delighted and very encouraged indeed to read your score and review with the heading "Milpark Garden Court Hotel" and that you found the hotel is well located close to the Wits university and City, offers all the basic amenities, has a reasonable breakfast selection to offer and that the rooms are clean and very spacious. Your feedback about the bathroom amenities has been noted and we would like to inform you that we do offer more on request Your feedback have all been duly noted and shared with the respective Management and staff, for which they are most thankful and appreciative of the feedback.