“Top class in the heart of Johannesburg North” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monarch Hotel

Monarch Hotel
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Johannesburg
penang
“Top class in the heart of Johannesburg North”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night,and then booked a further 7 nights after realizing that it was the perfect johannesburg hotel for a traveller likely myself.
Perfectly situated opposite the Gautrain,and Zine shopping mall,the hotel oozes class.
The general manager Mr Jan,is warm,welcoming and very flexible with guests which suited me well.
The room is what really makes this hotel special.every piece of furniture and amenity are A-grade.the breakfast was world class,fresh and professionally done.
All in all,if the price stays competitive I will definately be booking my stays in Johannesburg here.a very surprising,unassuming experience.to all the staff especially Lindiwe,you made my stay very welcome,thank you.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mojay_9
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Mojay_9

Thank you for your wonderful review and images on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and we hope to welcome you back to The Monarch time and again. I will pass your comments onto my team; they will be delighted to hear your feedback.

For your next stay please do not hesitate to contact us on reservations@monarchhotel.co.za as we would like to make your stay even more memorable, We look forward to welcoming you back to The Monarch very soon.

General Manager, Monarch Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Hebrew first
Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Due to little options me and my friends ended up in Johannesburg in our planned trip to Cape town for our holiday. After some persuasion I got my will through for a pitstop and started to research hotels and found Monarch. It definetely met my expectations in regards to comfort and service. Only thing I can remark on is that some trashbins was not emptied in my room and I would have expected that but the contents was not of any concern for me personally. The breakfest was superb.

The location has not that much to offer except smaller mall but with a top notch restaurant called Grillhouse that made the stay even better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank h0ly
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear hOly

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a 3 day business trip. From the moment we arrived at this little gem to when we left, we received exceptional service. Prior to our arrival the GM, Jan, and staff responded promptly to queries. The pre-arrival experience was just as wonderful & personalised as the actual arrival & stay - Jan's welcome, readiness of friendly staff to help with requests etc. Room was lovely and though it faced the road, we were never disturbed by noise. The hotel is still doing some renovations but these were not intrusive with the staff on hand to guide in a seamless manner. Good breakfast selection and lunch in the picturesque garden was excellent. It is also located close to a mall with a top jazz club and a train station. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be given a special 5 star experience while on business or pleasure- top marks for quality, a fast internet for work, efficient response to business and personal requirements. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden would be nicer if you dont want to see people whilst having a drink on the b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Beautifulplaces2014
Dear Beautiful places 20

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Great hotel. Great rooms. Everyone I came into contact with were not only very pleasant but very helpful. Special kudos to tumi who was terrific. Location is right next to gautrain. Can't get any better than that.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Semelg
Dear Semelg

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Monarch Hotel. We stayed in a beautiful luxury sweet with a nice window overlooking the courtyard. The staff were exceptional, all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. The secure parking is perfect. The location is nearly at the Rosebank mall, but is in a quiet nook away from the crowds. We loved this hotel and hope to come back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nomadictravelers44
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Nomadic travelers 44

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I've stayed at hotels all over the world, and this is the nicest. Every person I meet on the staff makes an extra effort to make sure every detail is taken care of. For example, I had breakfast (which is superb, by the way) and when I got back to my room, the maid(s) had already finished. A chocolate, a note from the GM, and subtle adjustments to service (stocking double of the drinks I liked) are among the little things that make the Monarch a first-rate hotel!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong. The luxury suite is very nice, with a well-appointed bathroom and sitting a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Badge500
Dear Badge500

Willebroek, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Monarch is a brand new hotel in Rosebank Johannesburg. It's a small luxury hotel with only 12 rooms. The rooms are very spacious and beautifully designed. In the restaurant they serve a delicious breakfast and a very tasty diner.
I can recommend this 5 star hotel in the centre of Johannesburg.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Tania M