“Really nice and great location”
Review of Monarch Hotel

Monarch Hotel
Ranked #2 of 66 Hotels in Johannesburg
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very nice hotel, locations is great - very close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Parking is well protected. Hotel was very clean and service was excellent. Breakfast was great with cold buffet and warm to order options (they even included chocolate easter eggs as it was easter monday!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear EmilyC234

Thank you for your wonderful review and images on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and we hope to welcome you back to The Monarch time and again. I will pass your comments onto my team; they will be delighted to hear your feedback.

For your next stay please do not hesitate to contact us on reservations@monarchhotel.co.za as we would like to make your stay even more memorable, We look forward to welcoming you back to The Monarch very soon.

There are newer reviews for Monarch Hotel

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is truly and honestly the best hotel in Johannesburg giving 5 star services. A small hotel that looks after its guests in every sense.Very well located close to the Gautrain station and Rosebank shopping centres.Are the three types of rooms,with the smallest being the luxury room measuring 51 sq metres! The rooms were well furnished for casual as well as business stays offering under carpet,under-tile bathroom heating as well as an air con system. Breakfast was good offering a a variety of cold and hot snacks.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Mohamed V

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Set in one of the busiest streets of Johannesburg, the moment you enter The Monarch Hotel, you walk into an oasis of peace and tranquillity. Surely one of the finest small hotels in South Africa, the Monarch offers the perfect relaxing getaway in the midst of a vibrant African city. Understated elegance and charming and sincerely friendly staff. Pure magic. Thank you to everyone involved in creating such a special, unique and memorable experience. Ilzebet O., Stellenbosch

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ilzebet123

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel in the heart of rosebank. Beautiful rooms and a great location close to shopping and restaurants. Stanford is amazing at problem solving. They made a mistake with our second reservation and reception was not too helpful but Stanford got it all sorted out. We will stay there again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear LaLaw5000

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a lovely hotel in Rosebank
The rooms are finished to a very high standard.
The service is second to none and the meal that was served to me at dinner would grace any restaurant worldwide.
The hotel is well located with good transport links.
I cannot recommennd this establishment too highly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear AlistiarBarnwell

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night,and then booked a further 7 nights after realizing that it was the perfect johannesburg hotel for a traveller likely myself.
Perfectly situated opposite the Gautrain,and Zine shopping mall,the hotel oozes class.
The general manager Mr Jan,is warm,welcoming and very flexible with guests which suited me well.
The room is what really makes this hotel special.every piece of furniture and amenity are A-grade.the breakfast was world class,fresh and professionally done.
All in all,if the price stays competitive I will definately be booking my stays in Johannesburg here.a very surprising,unassuming experience.to all the staff especially Lindiwe,you made my stay very welcome,thank you.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mojay_9
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Mojay_9

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Due to little options me and my friends ended up in Johannesburg in our planned trip to Cape town for our holiday. After some persuasion I got my will through for a pitstop and started to research hotels and found Monarch. It definetely met my expectations in regards to comfort and service. Only thing I can remark on is that some trashbins was not emptied in my room and I would have expected that but the contents was not of any concern for me personally. The breakfest was superb.

The location has not that much to offer except smaller mall but with a top notch restaurant called Grillhouse that made the stay even better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank h0ly
Jan v, General Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear hOly