“Great Stay - Very warm welcome”

Melrose Place Guest Lodge
Ranked #25 of 305 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2011

After a long flight from London, this guest house offered everything that we were looking for.
Our room was lovely, really spacious, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We felt very welcome by Sue and her staff, they were helpful making us a snack for lunch and helping us with directions & suggestions on where to go out for dinner. The location was really good, we were only here for one night but we could easily walk to the local shopping centre and in the evening we were escorted by the security guard to a lovely local greek restaurant. I would really recommend this guest house to stay in, a home from home we really enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 12 May 2011

The people at Melrose Place were very attentive and accomodating. They really made my stay pleasant and easy. From the breakfast, to the security to the room, everything was great!!!

Reviewed 10 May 2011

From the moment you walk in, the service is world-class. The rooms and amenities are excellent. Membership to a very good, nearby health club is included. At times, we required service after hours, such as food related, towels, and laundry. All our needs were taken care of with a smile and no problem at all. The included breakfasts were more than ample and of high quality. The outdoor facilities, garden, patio, and swimming pool are beautiful and well maintained. All in all, excellent value for money.
My credentials: I live in New York City and travel frequently.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

I have had the most wonderful stay at Melrose Place Guest House on a continuing basis for the past 12 years that i have been coming to Johannesburg! Sue is the most gracious host and the staff have always gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and at home!! Each time i come i get a different, wonderful experience as I try to stay in a different room each time! Thank you for being my home away from home!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Having stayed many times at Melrose Place Guest Lodge I only have one word that encapsulates the ambience, service, hospitality, quality of product , and most importantly the staff...and that is world-class. I was able to receive much-appreciated support in fulfilling my work-related obligations using their well-appointed conference room, as well as find a quiet haven with excellent food to settle into at days end. The room was cosy, the bed was comfy and the amenities were exactly what I needed. Thank you Sue and your most able team once again for a memorable, successful and most enjoyable business trip to Johannesburg, South Africa. And ofcourse I will be back !

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I'm don't usually review the places i stay in but i think melrose place deserves i special mention. Sue was an exceptional hostess who seemed to make every effort to make my stay comfortable. This goes along way in making the stay every worth while. The staff seemed friendly, rooms clean and well looked after. Also a big surprise was the gardens which i was not expecting in such a central area.

Thanks again Sue and the melrose staff

I will be back

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Duncanjhb
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I don't understand the other very positive reviews of this guest lodge and was very disappointed. For the price I would have expected a lot more. It was quite tatty and not particularly clean despite the fact that we had a superior room which had supposedly just been renovated and the carpet in the dining room was realy quite disgusting. I was hoping to use the pool but that also was dirty. The breakfast was very average and the service mediocre. The only positive thing I can say was that the porter, Doomi, was extremely helpful, sweet and enthusiastic.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank josephineBristol
suetruter, Owner at Melrose Place Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to give feedback on your stay at Melrose Place on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry that you were disappointed and left here without mentioning one of these items to us personally. As an owner, I will certainly take your comments as constructive critisism and attend to the items you found displeasing. We pride ourselves on friendliness and personal service and over the last 12 years have enjoyed welcoming hundreds of returning guests.