All reviews one night balcony 100mb guesthouse microwave security
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Few of us had stayed in a 3-bed room and a 2-bed room. We also saw their 1-bed room. the 1 and 2 bed are ok for upto 2 people (prefer the 1 bed). Good verandah, beautiful lawn and good breakfast.
The 3 bed option is good only for family - not for all working people, mainly since their is just one toilet/bath. Kitchen is quite compact adjacent to the beds - that's one negative. It should have some more space for cooking/cutting etc.
Their prices are a somewhat higher for all the above.
- Prashant Karandikar

Room Tip: prefer 1-bed or 2-bed rooms - single occupancy is the best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Amakoekoe, Front Office Manager at Amakoekoe Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to review our establishment!
The small kitchenette was added to all rooms as an added convenience to our Guests - as we are not a self catering establishment, it serves purely as a space where you can prepare a pre-cooked meal which can be warmed in the Microwave oven provided or have tea/coffee.
While the single sleepers are preferable to most, the 2/3 sleepers serve as a cost cutting arrangement - especially where big groups are involved. Thanks again! :-)

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed in this guest lodge for 2 days and I would definitely go back! Firstly, Estelle was terrific with making the arrangements. I was then picked up from the airport by the driver they had organised and even though my flight landed early, he was there waiting for me!

The guest lodge itself is very nice. I had a terrific room, with it's own little balcony! (It seemed to me like most rooms had this, although I'm not sure!) Entry is via your fingerprint, which is great if you don't want to carry a key/card with you all the time.

Breakfast is fantastic! I had to leave early but made it back by just after 9am, but they were still happy to serve me breakfast even though breakfast hours are actually only until 9am. The next morning, because I had to check out early, they made me a very nice breakfast pack to take along! Supper in the evenings were great as well!

I would go back to Amakoekoe in a heartbeat. If not for everything I just mentioned, then definitely for the cute doggies who greet you each time you walk into the reception area!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MarilizeBurger
Reviewed 2 November 2012

welcoming , excellent staff who cannot do enough to make your stay simply the best.down they even went out and bought english breakfast tea especially !!!!! (a special touch you dont get everywhere).
excellent staff, good at giving directions, and explaining things to you.
excellent comfortable accomodation. king size bigger than average bed extremely comfortable
cleanliness extremely good
breakfast from fresh fruit to fullcooked egg bacon sausage tomatoe mushrooms, omlettes with anything you would lie in them, scrambled poacheed or boiled eggs to your liking toast cereal yoghurt etc.just an idea of what is offered.
will be going back---- best guesthouse we have ever stayed at .
thankyou fior making our 2 week holiday most enjoyable

Room Tip: luxery accomadation with balcony
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank japmax147
Reviewed 2 November 2012

what a fantastic place to stay the staff are very professional and friendly the food was very good we had evening meals there most nights the rooms were very clean and comfortable the staff went out of therway to help in anyway they could i will be going back again we had a late flight and they lett us stay on in the room untill we were ready to leave and sercurity was very good keyless room entry ,using fingerprints to gain entry to your roomwhat can i say a fantastic experiance

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john075
Reviewed 8 January 2010

We went to Johannesburg for the first time to watch a concert at the Coco Cola Dome, so the location of the guest house was perfect for us and the staff were very welcoming and helpful when we needed help with directions and ordering a taxi. They were also very professional when I was booking. The rooms were very clean, we had everything we needed and they added some welcoming touch's with chocolates on the bed and a jar of biscuits and rusks with the coffee and tea. Breakfast was also great in the morning before our long drive home. The only small problem I had was low water pressure in the bathroom. The area you have to drive through and the entrance also made me a bit nervous but I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends