All reviews one night balcony 100mb guesthouse microwave airport security
Reviewed 6 August 2013

i spent two days at the guest house, the pros are the location with regards to close proximity to shopping areas and the breakfast was yummy. The cons are definately the dogs in the dining room while we were eating, we asked to have the dogs removed and they could not do so...i love dogs but not in the dining room. service can also be improved. a 3 star for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Amakoekoe, Front Office Manager at Amakoekoe Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to review Amakoekoe Guest Lodge.
We are sorry to hear that there were certain things that was not to your satisfaction. It is a fact that the majority of Guests enjoy having the two doggies around - it makes them feel at home!
However, it is not possible to always please 100% of our Guests 100% of the time!
We know that our service is of the highest standard and would like for you to kindly drop us an email so that we can establish what it was that you did not enjoy about our service - this way, we can try and avoid whatever it was, in future.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed here in a Type B room with another person. Nice place, good variety in breakfast, cordial staff. Only a small concern - the kitchen area is bit small if you plan to stay for long duration. Best rooms are those which have balcony facing the lawns... The morning sunrise is just awesome.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ubtravels

Good afternoon and thank you for your positive review!
Unfortunately we were unable to respond sooner due to a technical problem.
In answer to your concern about the kitchen being a bit small, it is to be noted that we are not a self catering establishment and the kitchenette is there purely as a convenience to our Guests. It is not meant for creating big meals, but we are pleased that you enjoyed the rest of what we have to offer!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Few of us had stayed in a 3-bed room and a 2-bed room. We also saw their 1-bed room. the 1 and 2 bed are ok for upto 2 people (prefer the 1 bed). Good verandah, beautiful lawn and good breakfast.
The 3 bed option is good only for family - not for all working people, mainly since their is just one toilet/bath. Kitchen is quite compact adjacent to the beds - that's one negative. It should have some more space for cooking/cutting etc.
Their prices are a somewhat higher for all the above.
- Prashant Karandikar

Room Tip: prefer 1-bed or 2-bed rooms - single occupancy is the best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to review our establishment!
The small kitchenette was added to all rooms as an added convenience to our Guests - as we are not a self catering establishment, it serves purely as a space where you can prepare a pre-cooked meal which can be warmed in the Microwave oven provided or have tea/coffee.
While the single sleepers are preferable to most, the 2/3 sleepers serve as a cost cutting arrangement - especially where big groups are involved. Thanks again! :-)

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed in this guest lodge for 2 days and I would definitely go back! Firstly, Estelle was terrific with making the arrangements. I was then picked up from the airport by the driver they had organised and even though my flight landed early, he was there waiting for me!

The guest lodge itself is very nice. I had a terrific room, with it's own little balcony! (It seemed to me like most rooms had this, although I'm not sure!) Entry is via your fingerprint, which is great if you don't want to carry a key/card with you all the time.

Breakfast is fantastic! I had to leave early but made it back by just after 9am, but they were still happy to serve me breakfast even though breakfast hours are actually only until 9am. The next morning, because I had to check out early, they made me a very nice breakfast pack to take along! Supper in the evenings were great as well!

I would go back to Amakoekoe in a heartbeat. If not for everything I just mentioned, then definitely for the cute doggies who greet you each time you walk into the reception area!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MarilizeBurger
Reviewed 2 November 2012

welcoming , excellent staff who cannot do enough to make your stay simply the best.down they even went out and bought english breakfast tea especially !!!!! (a special touch you dont get everywhere).
excellent staff, good at giving directions, and explaining things to you.
excellent comfortable accomodation. king size bigger than average bed extremely comfortable
cleanliness extremely good
breakfast from fresh fruit to fullcooked egg bacon sausage tomatoe mushrooms, omlettes with anything you would lie in them, scrambled poacheed or boiled eggs to your liking toast cereal yoghurt etc.just an idea of what is offered.
will be going back---- best guesthouse we have ever stayed at .
thankyou fior making our 2 week holiday most enjoyable

Room Tip: luxery accomadation with balcony
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple