“What more could you possibly want?”
Review of The Peech Hotel

The Peech Hotel
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Johannesburg
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“What more could you possibly want?”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Ahh, The Peech Hotel won my heart with its heated blankets. It is really chilly at night and with a flick of a switch, we were in a warm cocoon. We loved the basic layout with the separate small buildings for the accommodations in the garden. The design of the whole facility was inspired by Africa with a sense of a village. The staff was attentive and very sweet.

Room Tip: You might consider asking for a room that is its own separate building, but you couldn't go wron...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I will be sure to share it with my team here. Kind regards, James Peech

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Reviewed 18 August 2014

James is an awesome host with a very clear understanding of what overseas travelers expect.
We love this place, it´s location, the staff and the cat! Have a walk in the park nearby and enjoy the sunrise and the Highveld thunderstorms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for the compliments! Kind regards, James Peech
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family and I stayed at The Peech for just one night on our way to Botswana and what a great place to spend a day chilling. We were made so welcome and everything was of the highest standard. Great rooms, a lovely setting, excellent restaurant and very friendly and warm staff. Easy walk down to Melrose Arch too. I can't recommend The Peech highly enough and look forward to staying again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely review which I will be sure to share with the whole team. Kind regards, James Peech
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The rooms are spacious and light with good quality shampoo, conditioner, body lotion etc.
sleep quality was excellent, especially if you are partial to an electric blanket! Most lights can be dimmed, so you can set the mood to suit yourself. The bathroom boasts both a shower and a bath tub. Restaurant served quality food and wine. The only complaint is about Peech the cat. You try to make friends and he turns up his tail and walks away!!! Apart from him, all the staff are efficient and friendly, particularly Oscar in the restaurant.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be similar, only point to bear in mind is that some are accessed via a flight of s...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. I'll be sure to pass it on to the whole team here. Kind regards, James Peech
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Peech Hotel is a Five Star World Luxury Hotel located in toney Melrose district just down the street from Melrose Arch Mall. Hidden behind a high wall as most properties are in this part of town, only the roofline of a manor house is visible as you pull up to the gate. At first you think you're pulling up to a quaint B&B but through the front door a sleek, contemporary and very chic boutique hotel is revealed!

The Peech Hotel is exceptional from the moment you arrive till the moment you leave. The decor, the service, the grounds...everything is impeccable. Our GARDEN ROOMS overlooked the hotel’s lush gardens and had separate work & relaxation areas and a private balcony facing onto the gardens. There were two very comfortable and cozy queen beds with luxury linens including individually controlled heating pads to keep your toes warm all night. Blackout curtains kept the morning sun's rays from waking you before your time.

The large soaking tub was an especially nice way to relax after 24 hours of travel. Though it was a toss up as to whether I should take a shower under that exquisite rain shower head. I enjoyed a cup of fresh-brewed tea and selected a gourmet snack from the honor bar in the room and I felt refreshed enough afterward to stroll around the beautiful garden. I discovered a glass-walled, serene meeting space where I imagined some hard-working company officials could enjoy a working retreat. Wandering on, I found a comfy spot by the pool and ordered a cocktail to enjoy as the sun set.

Dinner was served in an intimate dining space overlooking the garden. My romantic table by the fireplace left me wishing I was with someone special. Chef Greg Jardim served a world-class meal using fresh produce grown on the property. The menu featured South African wines and selections from fresh fish to beef to lamb or pasta. Breakfast the following morning was equally special. The standard buffet was brimming with fresh-baked muffins, fresh-squeezed juices, fruits and brewed coffee or tea. I ordered eggs benedict served with salmon and couldn't have felt closer to heaven.

I stayed two nights and would have moved in permanently if I could have.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully appointed and similar though you may prefer an upstairs room with a ba...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much! I will be sure to share your review with the team. Kind regards, James Peech
Johannesburg
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I were delighted with our dinner, bed and breakfast stay at The Peech Hotel on the 11 th July. Situated on the doorstep of the famous Wanderers Cricket grounds and near the upmarket Melrose Arch Mall, the hotel is a little haven. The staff were welcoming,friendly and efficient and made our stay a pleasure. Our upstairs room in a unit in the lovely garden was spacious and comfortable with a magnificent en suite bathroom. All spotless of course,and with little luxuries like sweets, nuts and dried fruit, ground coffee and biscotti biscuits! We sipped lovely South African wine in the lounge, in front of a roaring log fire before enjoying our dinner in the Bistro. The decor of the hotel is contemporary African, simple and elegant and the artwork is all local. The food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented and served by charming staff.At dawn,after a wonderful night's rest in a warm bed thanks to an electric blanket,the sunrise was beautiful through the old established trees in the garden. Breakfast was superb too and we left with a great feeling about this little part of our 'world class African city ' of Johannesburg.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your review - I am delighted that you had such a good stay with us. I will be sure to pass this on to our whole team. Kind regards, James Peech
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We only had one night at the Peech hotel as we were leaving early the next morning for Mauritius. The staff was very friendly and given our limited time, recommended a fabulous restaurant for dinner and arranged transportation. We had two rooms and they were lovely.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
James P, Owner at The Peech Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & thank you for reviewing us. Kind regards, James Peech