Shumba Valley Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Genesis All-Suite Hotel(Johannesburg)
Travelocity
US$251
US$234
Agoda.com
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$78
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I flew into Johannesburg this weekend en-route to Mosambique and my office deided that rather travel all the way into town to have to drive out again to Lanseria Airport in the early hours of Monday that they would put me into the Shumba Valley Lodge which is just 5 mins drive from Lanseria.
Upon arriving at Johannesburg OR Tambo International I was met by one of the Emirates Airlines drivers who I had met previously and he assured me that I would like this place very much.
My arrival was mid morning on a Sunday so the place was pretty well deserted and it was a little cool in the Southern Hemisphere for sitting out in the sun. However my first impressions where very positive the place was like a very tranqil walled in village with around 70 thatched roof chalets and Rondavels plus various conference facilities and a Resturant and Bar area.
My accomadation was chalet number 92 and while it was quite small it was more than adequate the room was spotlessly clean as was the bathroom. All the bedding was ultra white and crisp and the towels large and fluffy.
The chalet had Tea & Coffee making facilities , free internet,Telephone,Colour Flat screen television with a selection of DSTV channels plus air con and heating.
I had an excellent buffet lunch and later a really good fillet steak for dinner and I couldn't fault either meal other than at dinner time they served me my starter and main course at the same time.
I hope to use this facility the next time I am traveling to Beira via Joburg highly recommended.

Room Tip: They clain that Internet is available in the rooms its a little iffy to say the least however it is fine in all the Public Rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mudengineer
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We recently spent a night at the Shumba Valley Lodge near Lanseria Airport. We have been wanting to go there for a while now as we have heard alot about it. I wasn't blown away by the lodge but we did enjoy our stay and will return again. The food was really great but I did find on the Saturday night they didn't cater correctly as there was a conference there and when we arrived for dinner all the buffet trays were empty so better planning is required on that side. So we decided to order a la Carte and we were very impressed with the food, well done! Also, the service was great, everything was done with a smile and were never unsatisfied in terms of service. One thing is we decided to lie by the pool for a bit and the loungers were very dirty and not comfortable at all, I think maybe better (new) loungers should be bought for the pool area. But besides this the staff and the food were excellent and the rooms were also clean and good.

Room Tip: Rooms furhter from the gate are best as you don't hear much noise from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Andy and his team at shumba really made us feel welcome. Rooms were comfortable, food was excellent and the location was perfect. We will definitely use this lodge again. We travel a lot and we love a place where we feel welcome and at home. Well done again.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2012

As a travel agent dealing with hotels / lodges on a daily basis, Shumba Valley rates well below our office and clients standards. Emails are not acknowledged. Promises made, but never delivered. They do not offer refunds (so be forwarned - do NOT prepay).
There are MANY hotels and lodges within the area. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bronschwik
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Terrible bathroom, shower glass stained, cracked basin, shower head literally close to wall almost impossible to shower, resort on septic tank so toilet flash as a horrible smell, really not much can be done at this place but a complete knock down and rebuild.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business