Dear Fellow Travellers
Please take this seriously!!!
We are currently trying to get the R7000 we paid for this accommodation. We had paid for 12 days in total for 5 people. On arrival, the beds weren’t made, there was no electricity, the house was extremely filthy. About 8 drunk men in the premises(friends of the owner).We did nt stay there and we feared for our health and safety. The owner avoided us when we called him on several occasions and we paid an announced visit eventually. He is a large, very racist and aggressive Afrikaans man who pushed us off his premises and wanted to crush my phone when i tried to take pictures of the place- and refused blatantly to refund us. Needless to say he has received the sum of R7000 free of charge. Please please please do not book this accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoo Lodge is the safest, friendliest backpacker in Jo'burg. We offer clean, comfortable accommodation for the budget traveler. We are located in the lush Northern Suburbs, 7km from the city centre and one of the safest suburbs in Jo'burg. The bus and train stations are only ten minutes away by car for those wishing to travel on. Jan Smuts Avenue is the main transport route running north-south through Jo'burg with buses that stop on our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Africa's Zoo Lodge Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Africa`s Zoo Lodge Backpackers & Guesthouse Hotel Johannesburg
- Africa`s Zoo Lodge Backpackers And Guesthouse