“GREAT ECLECTIC ATMOSPHERE”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“GREAT ECLECTIC ATMOSPHERE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Definitely a place to spend some time! From the food to the art galleries, Ethiopian coffee, micro brewers and designer things. The wall outside with the map of Africa and option to add comments, is cute, enjoyed immensely

Visited June 2014

• Arabic first
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great place to spend a day!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a wonderful place to spend a day or half a day! I was invited by friends to visit this market. I was not intusiastic when I was told that we will spend a day in a market. I could not imagine what we will be doing there for a day. Anyway, before that visit I did not see myself as a market person but as I love my friends I decided to accept the invitation. Now I am glad that I went... What a fantastic experience and a wonderful day with friends!!! I enjoyed the market very much, had lunch there and walked the streets. Oh! I also amateurishly we played drums. If you are a tourist and scared of Johannesburg city, this is definitely a place not to miss!!! It is safe, friendly and fun!!! You will meet people from all over the world, different nationalities and cultures!!!

Visited June 2014
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“JHB centre night entertainment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Parking is a bit of a nightmare.

I had a great time at the restaurant and having a good look around all the stalls. Its so nice to see the whole community pitching in to make a great place to visit. From a place that was generally not a good idea to visit at night it has become a centre attraction.

we will definitely be back!

Visited November 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A Wedding at Arts On Main”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We went to a wedding on Arts on Main last year - it was amazing. The look and feel was very trendy and worked very well for a large function. The food was great and well presented and the huge 'hall' was beautifully decorated. This was definitely a wedding with a difference. The look and feel of the buildings and atmosphere was great. We had safe parking and could walk down the street with no worries.

Visited July 2013
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Much ado about nothing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Arts on Main is another expensive and pretentious tourist trap...it does not offer anything original. The restaurants and cafes are overpriced and service is extremely poor and the shops are unreasonably priced. The same items can be bought at a much cheaper pricer elsewhere. Security is a problem and there is not much to the "arts"...not worth a visit

Visited January 2014