“Hotel and Restaurant”

Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Johannesburg
Pretoria, South Africa
“Hotel and Restaurant”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Valverde Country Hotel is a fun, friendly family hotel. They cater for all a persons needs. They have a new restaurant called the Fat Olive. We had a lovely lunch there. The service was very personal and the chef came out to chat to us and ask us our comments and said he could make anything that our hearts desired . Our room was fresh and spacious. Its a kind of room that you can relax in and unwind after a busy day traveling.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndraMcCabe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The venue works for larger business meetings as it also caters for weddings. The food is excellent, BUT, the accommodation lacks refinement. My room had a king size bed, but really not comfortable. Seemed like an over used mattress. The venue is in need of maintenance and paint. Some plug sockets did not work, TV did not have remote on/off - so had to get out of bed to switch off. The last night we had no hot water. The catering however was excellent throughout. The proximity to Lanseria Airport should count positively to the venue, but the security of the area is to be verified.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms 14 - 16 are very large.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
KinoMalaga, General Manager at Valverde Country Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We have, since you stayed here, upgraded most of the facilities and done a lot of work in the rooms. It would be great to have ypu back
East London
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I really didn't like much about this hotel, I was part of a conference group but I was fortunate I could step away for a couple of days to catch up. There has to be some investment to "spruce" the place up. I was allocated the "honeymoon suite", I think to be fair, this place has its own audience and some of my colleagues really enjoyed it. I was ready to leave as soon as I walked into the room, it is old and uninspiring, the smell in the bathroom is unbearable, i understand about the sceptic tank and all. Flies were dying all around the room, it was just awful and again this is not really the hotel's fault, it is really an establishment that is in the thick of nature, so there has to be sharing of space and resources with other species, I just didn't appreciate. The conference room was dull and outdated and it is really a very long drive to be this disappointed, I think there could be some investment in the decor. I liked the dining hall though, it looks fresher than the rest of the establishment. There is a lot wrong here, it is not terrible, I must say but I just wanted to run back to my car immediately I walked into the place and I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
KinoMalaga, Guest Relations Manager at Valverde Country Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Valverde wasn't what you expected. We have followed your recommendation an updated most of the rooms, added new flat screen TV's, etc. we hope next time you come this side you will see all the changes