“What a wonderful venue”

Valverde Country Hotel
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Johannesburg
“What a wonderful venue”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I have had many a wonderful dinner at the Fat Olive and wonderful, lazy weekend brunches in the gorgeous Valverde gardens. I would highly recommend Valverde for any corporate, intimate family or wedding functions. The staff are extremely friendly and hospitable and the food is amazing. Well done to all involved!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wendy N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our wedding was held at Valverde on 26 August 2012.

We booked, paid our deposit and then Blessing got in touch with us to make all the arrangements. Blessing really was a Blessing to us :)

We had hardly any stress while planning our wedding. We were invited to food tastings, to tours of the venue, we even qualified for one of their specials which enabled some of our guests to spend the night there free of cost.

On one of our trips to the venue, I think it was to taste the food, I left my car's headlights on, needless to say when I returned to the car my battery had died. One of the security guards there helped to push my car, hoping that it would start and when that didn't help he found another battery for me so that we could get my car going.

Their staff go above and beyond to try and accomodate you. This was also proven by one of the waiters who made it his proirity to keep tabs on myself and my husband all evening to make sure that we had food and drinks.

One of the things I thought the guests would have something to say about was the food (you know you always have one or two guests that have something negative to say). All of our guests commented that the food was wonderful, the venue was gorgeous and the decor was amazing.

I am so happy with my wedding experience at Valverde and to anyone thinking of creating their own wedding memories, I recommend it highly!

Jet Campbell

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jet C
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Had an absolute awesome time with family and friends for our wedding and we going back for
Our anniversary. People that attended the wedding still rave about the place whenever we see them :)
Would def recommend with no hesitation. Everything is professional and is done with good business ethics. Place is very tranquil, convenient and the food is Devine :) staff is pleasant to deal with

M Ngobeni

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

2 Thank Legowa M
Pretoria
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Our son got married there in July 2013. The service was excellent! Beautiful venue! I defnitely have to mention the excellent food! A large group of the guests stayed over and we were very impressed with the rooms. It was quite cold so we were happy that there were electrical blankets on the beds. I will only recommend that you do not host team building with youngsters who were running around the garden the same time that the wedding took place in the garden. We gladly recommend the venue.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Having recently spent the night at the beautiful Valverde Country Hotel, I can highly recommend it to anyone wanting restful stay out in the country. It is also a perfect venue for those wanting to overnight close to Lanseria Airport.

The staff are ultra friendly and efficient, and the rooms clean and comfy. The food is also very good, and the chef most obliging!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I spent a few days at Valverde. The staff was helpful and friendly, and we enjoyed the attention we got in every detail. The food was excellent and plentiful. Our bedroom was immaculate and spacious. The gardens are stunning. We took lots of pictures. The location is ideal - very close to Lanseria, but tranquil and in the countryside. We would definitely come back here and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sdu-ecr
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Our wedding was held at Valverde on 20 April 2013, and it poured with rain the previous day as well as the morning of 20th. Pam and Barbara went out of their way to make our wedding day special and set up the Rose Room which I must confess turned out to be a better alternative. The guest were very impressed with the beautiful venue and friendly staff. The food was excellent and will highly recomment them.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family