“Heaven within reach”

Valverde Country Hotel
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Johannesburg
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Valverde is a beautiful venue, run by lovely people with the help of extremely friendly staff. You must pay them a visit and enjoy a little taste of heaven near Sandton. The patio and lower garden area are highlights. JM Morningside

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hi Barbara

Jeff and I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for the hospitality over the weekend of 15th March 2014. The experience was above and beyond our expectation. The room, breakfast and dinner was spectacular. Our stay with you will always be remembered.

Keep up the good work and we wish you all the success in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Desiree D
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Dear Pam,

From my husband and me, thank you very much for the invitation. Our stay was a very special one, it felt like the first night of our honeymoon and it brought back the memories. Dinner was great too and the suite was so warm and welcoming. We will definitely visit Valverde again.

Once again, thank you and the rest of the Valverde Team for making our stay a pleasant one from reception to dinner, check-out and all. We had our wedding on 17 November 2013 and it was a great day indeed. the staff was very friendly and all our guests were impressed with everything from Chapel to reception and the food was to die for.

Kind Regards,
Jacky and Tebogo

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tebogo1219
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was most impressed with the organisational skills and the way that our function was handled at Valverde. The function was set up in a beautiful manner and the staff were very accommodating. The service was also excellent on the day of the function. Highly recommended and good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosemary B
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This gem is hidden on the edge of the Cradle. The owners, Joaquin and Pamina, went to great lengths to make sure we had the perfect end of year function. It's a great place for any function and seems able to cater and accommodate large parties with ease. As such we've decided to have our function there again this year. The gardens are beautiful and they go to great lengths to ensure everything they do is environmentally sound. Their staff are friendly, courteous and they can't do enough to help you with whatever you want. And there is no party curfew..!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RRiccardi
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I have had many a wonderful dinner at the Fat Olive and wonderful, lazy weekend brunches in the gorgeous Valverde gardens. I would highly recommend Valverde for any corporate, intimate family or wedding functions. The staff are extremely friendly and hospitable and the food is amazing. Well done to all involved!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wendy N
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our wedding was held at Valverde on 26 August 2012.

We booked, paid our deposit and then Blessing got in touch with us to make all the arrangements. Blessing really was a Blessing to us :)

We had hardly any stress while planning our wedding. We were invited to food tastings, to tours of the venue, we even qualified for one of their specials which enabled some of our guests to spend the night there free of cost.

On one of our trips to the venue, I think it was to taste the food, I left my car's headlights on, needless to say when I returned to the car my battery had died. One of the security guards there helped to push my car, hoping that it would start and when that didn't help he found another battery for me so that we could get my car going.

Their staff go above and beyond to try and accomodate you. This was also proven by one of the waiters who made it his proirity to keep tabs on myself and my husband all evening to make sure that we had food and drinks.

One of the things I thought the guests would have something to say about was the food (you know you always have one or two guests that have something negative to say). All of our guests commented that the food was wonderful, the venue was gorgeous and the decor was amazing.

I am so happy with my wedding experience at Valverde and to anyone thinking of creating their own wedding memories, I recommend it highly!

Jet Campbell

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jet C