“Tender steaks and fresh sushi”
Review of The Big Mouth

The Big Mouth
Ranked #13 of 1,477 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Description: The Big Mouth is a contemporary take on the classic diner infused with culinary influences and ingredients from around the globe.
Reviewed 5 May 2017

The restaurants in Nelson Mandela mall all looked really good and the atmosphere was buzzy. We chose The Big Mouth as there was a wide selection on the menu. Portions were generous and my father really rated the tender fillet steak. Very good cocktails and wine and a shockingly reasonable bill. Service excellent. Restaurants in London could learn loads from this place and we were very impressed by our first South African meal.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Everything of the menu was great. I have lunch and diner here several times when I was in Johannesburg and the quality of the dishes were always great. The service is friendly and casual. Overtime I was there, the place was nicely crowded. I'll be back!

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Visited Big Mouth with my wife and thoroughly enjoyed the food , wine and service. We went predominantly for Sushi with some hot appetizers of Dim Sum and Squid. All the food was very good.

Service was also good in general but there was one very drunk and noisy table which was affecting the overall mood of the restaurant to the dissatisfaction of many guests. It took a long time for the management to deal with the table and even then they were still noisy - could have been handled better.

Overall though nice restaurant

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Everything on the menu that we tried was great so we once again had a variety of small plates.

Calamari that melts like butter in your mouth, peri peri chicken livers ordered with an exta bite; salmon roll unbelievable, chicken on stick and lets not forget the perfect chips.

Service was attentive and friendly a definite place to return to.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I have eaten here a few times and despite the buzz, it has always been pleasant. The sushi is particularly good and fresh. I also love the sizable haloumi bowl.

Date of visit: March 2017