We had a less than positive welcome by a receptionist that had a horrible cold. Our room sucked, it was not clean, the carpet was a science project of stains & crusty spots. Our sheet were also stained. There was no remote for the TV but we were told we cold stand on a chair to change the channel. There was no soap, lotion or shampoo in the bathroom or heat in our room. The flight pattern for the airport was directly overhead so along w/the traffic from the motorway on & off ramps we had jets every so many seconds flying over. Needless to say neither my husband or I got one wink of sleep. Dinner was a joke, The menu said one thing & we got served another. Fish I could not even cut w/a knife much less a fork. Several time we voiced our concerns to the desk manager & got a shrug of her shoulders. I told her the next morning to lock that room & never ever put another person in it. I am now working on the travel agency that booked this motel in getting my money back. It was a horrible way to end a good South African trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Transfers to and from Johannesburg International Airport. Luxury Accommodation, 4 minutes from Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Safari Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari Club Hotel Kempton Park
- Safari Hotel Johannesburg