“The best place to be!”
Review of Safari Club

Safari Club
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights from the 7th December ,I received a warm welcome from management and the service I had from the staff was marvelous not forgetting their rooms were so clean and I was offered a healthy delicious dinner.
So if you want to be in the calm place request the outside rooms they very nice then you will enjoy your stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hlophe N

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Great place to crash for that first night in Africa. Though not in the best area, once you are inside the compound, you are safe and comfortable. Dinner onsite was appreciated. Not the best but served with attentiveness. Nice honor bar. Room was very large and bed comfortable. We felt good enough about the property to recommend it to my young niece who was traveling to JoeBurg alone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I just wanted to thank Safari club and their staff for a wonderful experience at Safari Club. The accomodation was superb, above what i expected for the price. With spacious, comfortable room with large shower and flat screen tv. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were polite and friendly. The food well priced and tasty. Thank you again Safari club and next time i am in town, i will definately be calling again.

Kevin Rees

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I recently spent some time at Safari Club, and I was bowled over! The most convenient location, 5 minutes away from OR Tambo International Airport and seconds off the freeway, this is the ideal retreat inside the concrete jungle.

Upon arriving, we were met by friendly staff who had nothing but excellent service to offer accompanied by warm smiles. The facilities are everything you'd expect and the willingness to go the extra mile place Safari Club in a league I reserve highly.

I was impressed beyond measure and am strongly considering Safari Club as a future venue for functions both personal & professional where my guests can enjoy themselves without the hassle of having to drive home.

I am very keen to try the tours on offer which I unfortunatly didn't have time to pursue but from speaking with other guests, I missed out!

Kudos to Anthony & his team, they are doing a terrific job and placing Safari Club on the proverbial travellers' guide.

Devon A.

Room Tip: Try secure a room near the inviting pool area, complete with sun loungers and lush surroundings.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We used the Safari Club as our home base for several trips across southern Africa in less than a month. We were pleased beyond our expectations with the accommodations and even moreso by the staff. Although close to the airport, we were able to book rooms that were amazingly quiet and comfortable...not to mention affordable. Getting to and from OR Tambo for flights was achievable in mere minutes, and the staff did everything possible to ensure that we made all schedules, including having early morning full breakfasts deliciously hot. The spacious inner courtyard (small pool included) had tables, chaise lounges, and chairs available for all guests and became a favorite place for us to unwind, catch some sun and get plenty of fresh air between safaris and adventure trips. But we found the most outstanding thing about the club to be the staff...get to know them, as they can make a trip much more pleasant. Sarah is a fun-loving and guest-oriented public relations guru who makes sure that visitors feel comfortable and welcome. Linda at the front desk is the wonder-worker who knows how to make the accommodations, drivers, and reservations all work in sync and user-friendly. She also is able to give practical advice and find solutions for guests who deal with third-party providers, be they tour operators or late-night food delivery drivers. These are just a couple of people who'll bend over backwards to make your stay wonderful...I can also attest to the splendid service we got from the housekeeping staff, airport drivers, chef, and food servers. You can pay more at other places, but the Safari Club is the best value.

Room Tip: We booked three different rooms during our stays, and found the rooms opposite the office (Serengeti...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

An unexpected trip to Cape Town popped up and as I was quite concerned about morning traffic to O R Tambo airport I needed a decent hotel near the airport but I was not prepared to pay loads for some of the cookie-cutter, generic chains closest to there.
A very well travelled friend recommended The Safari Club as it is a mere 10 minutes to the airport, if that! As I knew that said friend was quite fussy I booked a room without even doing any research......wow!.....was I impressed when I checked-in......

The same receptionist who had given me friendly directions over the phone, welcomed me and had my room key and check-in paperwork ready. A smiley porter carried my luggage to my room and with an eager attitude showed me how to operate the a/c and big screen telly.

As a family member had dropped me off I enquired about their shuttle service to the airport. I was once again impressed with the fact that my airport shuttle was included in my room rate which by the way is very reasonable for the quality of the establishment.

My room had a thatch roof and had that typical "Out of Africa" safari smell. Suddenly my quick business trip I was dreading felt like I had travelled to somewhere exotic. Although the hotel was quite full, I experienced calm and quiet. The 24-hour upstairs private bar has ice-cold beers and I utilised the fast free wifi in the adjacent lounge to prepare for my meeting the next morning.

The shuttle driver the next morning dropped me right outside departures and even helped me offload my suitcase. Never again will I stress about Johannesburg traffic and will most definately stay with these guys again and again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Benjamin J
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We attended a function at Emperor's Palace last weekend and did not want to drive home afterward. Unfortunately, the Metcourt was fully booked and I was not prepared to pick up the hefty tab from the other hotels on offer at Emperor's, so we had to find something else.

I came across Safari Club on Trip Advisor and gave them a try. What a winner! Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The garden just outside our door is just beautiful at this time of the year. Its a pity we didn't have more time to sit out in the garden and have a drink, aah well.

The breakfast next morning was also pretty good. We found everyone we dealt with to be very courteous and friendly, no doubt because most of the guests were demanding foreign tourists in transit.

Trying to find the place was a headache though. Googlemaps led me astray and quite frankly we drove past the place which has an almost hidden entrance, a few times.

Transport to and from Emperor's (about 10 minutes drive away) was easy to arrange and not badly priced at R200 per one way trip.

Overall Safari Club was great value for money at R800 per night for both of us including breakfast. I have no hesitation in recommending Safari Club to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you get exact directions before going there. It is situated in the least expected place ju...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple