“Amazing Stay”
Review of Safari Club

Safari Club
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Me and my family stayed at Safari Club and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very help full in arranging our Tour to the Kruger Viva Safaris. We also went on a day tour to this township called Soweto and it was a real eye opener to learn their culture. I will really recommend this lodge if you come to Johannesburg! Multo Obrigado!!!!

Room Tip: The Rooms in the courtyard is very nice as it opens up to the garden and the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tasotraveller18
safariclubsa1, General Manager at Safari Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor about your stay at Safari Club SA. We are delighted that you really enjoyed your stay and your Safari to the Kruger witch we happily arranged for you including your day Tour to Soweto Township. Its a real experience seeing Soweto and meeting the people. Wishing you safe travelling and hope to accommodate you in the near future. Regards Safari Club SA TEAM!!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the most awesome place to sleep over. the service is excellent. Berlize thanks so much for your assitance I will tell everybody about your great service!!!
The atmosphere is so calm and peacefull no words can describe the awesome feeling!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! it is the athmosphere wonderfull
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheila l
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was in Safari Club with a group of High School students from Minnesota las week for four nights on a field study in South Africa. The facilities, the food and the staff were just excellent and we want to show our appreciation for all they did. Thank you very much, we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JRVargasRutaVerde
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The Safari club is a hidden gem that can be easily over looked or missed passing by. The gardens are beautiful and the rooms surround the gardens. The rooms are named after places Kruger, Kilimanjaro etc.
The lodge itself is cozy and the upstairs bar is overlooking the dining room.
It is perfect for an overnight stay in the JoBerg area the only downsize is the highway noise due to its location near the highway and of course low-flying airplanes.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank ofmyheart
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This nice B&B is located only a number of min away from the Airport.
Very nice, big rooms and nice dinner + Breakfast.

Service was very good and staff are very friendly.

I had a very helpful driver named Roger who drove me to my meeting and airport transfers are on time!

With all that said i would like to point out some things owners of the B&B:

1) Your bar is nice, i would have had a few drinks, but there is no Ice - If you are serving liqour you must have Ice at all times.

2) The Air condition in my room did not work - It was not that cold but ... still..

3) When i arrived there was hot water in the room, but to my regret the next morning i guess somting went wrong with the hot water. Insted of moving me to another room i had to go bath in other rooms (TWICE) and then return to the room that had no hot water - Did not shave . I would think i would be moved to another room (Was not all booked.)

If not for these 3 problems then i would give this 5 starts. In all it is a very good place but i do hope that the owners do take care of these problems.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a while in transit from time in the bush. I cannot state enough how amazing, helpful and just brilliant this hotel and its staff are. I was sick for a part of my stay and these guys drove me to a hospital, got me seen to, picked me up again, etc. The room was immaculate, food was lovely, surrounds were beautiful, I could have sat round and watched the resident bird life all day. The staff, I can't fault them. And as I said, they went above and beyond. The free pick up and drop off at the airport is great. The honesty bar is something unheard of in my country but very nice. Stay here, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the garden. Really pretty.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wherenext12
Reviewed 10 April 2014

When we arrived the room seemed clean and was spacious for our family of 5. But after drooping off our things, many things were broken. Safe was locked and they were unable to unlock it, no towels in the bathroom, toilet did not flush, AC did not work. After just spending a week in the bush, we were looking forward to a nice hotel until we flew 2 days later. After the first night, we were not happy. At bedtime, my husband pulled down the sheets and found 2 tiny brown worms in the bed. Then my son woke with high fevers and we were unable to use the AC as it was not working so at 2am we had to sit outside with the mosquitos in order to help drop his fever. Then the next afternoon my daughter was itching badly, so I checked her out. She was FULL of head lice. I stopped at a local pharmacy to get treatment and when we went back to the hotel, I checked her bedding and her bedding was full of eggs! We addressed all of these issues, but the ONLY thing that was addressed was my daughters sheets being changed.
On top of this, the hotel is not around anything, so you are forced (unless you pay a $55 each way taxi fare to go into the city for a restaurant) to eat there. The dinner was several options, but tasted like cafeteria/gas station food. The meat was tough though we asked for medium, the snitchel was greese heavy and BOTH night one of the family members did not get to eat as they forgot to cook their food. You have to pre-order your dinner by 2pm each day. The ONLY positive thing about this place is that it was very close to the airport and they offered a shuttle to the airport for a fee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family