“Rooms Maintenance”

City Lodge Hotel OR Tambo Airport
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had the nasty experience of the shower door almost falling on me this morning! This will make me think twice before opening a huge, glass shower door again.
Maintenance obviously not up to standard with the bottom hinges totally loose - door just neatly pressed close and left to fall on a guest - most definately NOT kind as the slogan states.
Front desk handed me a piece of paper from their printer to write a complaint.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We apologize sincerely for this unfortunate experience and will certainly look into this matter so it does not happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Not living in Jhb - I booked in here for 2 x nights as I had a very early morning flight out to George the next morning for business and a return flight back to Jhb on the same day arriving late evening. I required a hotel close by as I did not want to still have the hassle of arriving back in Jhb and then still travelling to a Guest house. Was perfect as I could park my car - knowing it was safe. Unfortunately my day trip to George turned into a overnight stay with no luggage. Mist had pulled in over George and my evening flight back and all flights out of George was cancelled.
I was concerned as my clothes and other belongings were still in my room in Jhb and the next flight out was only the next morning 10 am arriving after 12 pm Lunch. By then I should have been booked out. I contacted the Hotel - Informed of my situation and they were very accommodating - Advising me - That nothing would be removed out of the room and that my car would be safe and that I could come and pack up upon my arrival back in Jhb. I arrived at 12.30 - Was afforded the time to shower - Get dressed and pack my belongings and book out.
Normal booking out time 10 am.
I have only one negative - If you do not know OR Tambo airport - The Hotel entrance and parking area extremely difficult to find.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for the great review. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed some great service from our staff - all part of our 'ImKind' initiative. We're happy we could help alleviate your stressful situation! We hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

As part of our itinerary arranged by GoAfrica, we stayed in this hotel for 1 night enroute to Victoria falls. It was very reasonably priced ( I had 3 rooms to cater for 5 of us) and had fantastic facilities within the hotel - gym, swimming pool and a more than adequate restaurant - although also had access to the restaurants within the airport itself. Considering it is within the airport complex we were not disturbed by flight noise.

Room Tip: rooms seem to either look out over the airport/Johannesberg OR the internal gardens - personal prefe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We thank you for the great review. We're pleased you found your stay with us to be good value for money and we're happy you enjoyed the facilities at the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

After 3 weeks touring around southern africa, in a lot of different accomodation, some great, some overpriced, some terrible, this was just what I needed.
My agent had booked my at a different hotel for 3x the price which they said was close to the airport but far enough away for no noise, but I had had enough of them and cancelled (they are dmafrica/liberty/vayeni, the Brown's (Luke, Adam, Alan, Suzanne), I advise you not to deal with them.
Instead I had seen this place on the way into Jo'burg so thought would give it a try, thinking airport hotels in the past have not given me much luck. Actually was perfect for one night with a lunchtime flight - the staff were fantastic, from check-in, to dinner and breakfast, the rate was excellent, a gym and pool and a slow walk to the airline check in. Perfect, no hassle.
And amazingly no noise from the airport, none !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank robbo978
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for the great review! We're glad we managed to exceed your expectations! We're also thrilled to hear you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel's location and that you found your stay with us to be good value for money and that you enjoyed the service from our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here one night after our flight and thought it was excellent. Very quiet and convenient, nice rooms, good breakfast, and friendly staff. No complaints at all! It was so easy just to walk from our flight over to the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmccurdy
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We thank you for the fantastic review. We're glad you enjoyed our breakfast offerings and that your interactions with our staff were friendly. We're also happy to hear that you found the location convenient and easily accessible. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed almost three nights during August 2014, it was a great place and attached to International Terminal, Food court, few Shopping places. Excellent location and rooms are tidy and clean. Staff were very friendly too.

Room Tip: Attached to International Terminal, very convenient to travelers.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank thilina_tj

Thanks for the good review! We're glad you enjoyed the convenience of this hotel's location and that you found the rooms clean and up to standard. We're thrilled you found our staff friendly as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was one of the best budget choices we could make. I was travelling alone and being new to SA, the hotel being inside the airport was a huge relief! The room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.
The muffin's at the reception before you bid SA goodbye are great :-)

Room Tip: take a room facing outwards - the view of the city from my room was nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel OR Tambo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

We thank you for the positive review. We're pleased you found your stay enjoyable and that the staff were helpful. We hope to see you again soon.