All reviewshonesty barfree tea and coffeepool tableclose to the airportone nightfree shuttleroom numberairport pickjohannesburg airportswimming poolfamily roomguest houseperfect stayyogurta great place to staylarge bathroomnice room
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed one night here and were very satisfied with the hotel. It's less than 10 minutes drive from the airport in a rough neighborhood (as indicated by the barbed wire fence and electric fence surrounding the property). The staff were all courteous and nice. It even included a hot/cold breakfast. Nothing to complain about here.

Note that you need to call the hotel for an airport pickup, but the payphones were out of order at the airport. We ended up using someone's cell phone and were "forced" to give them some sort of tip. Not a big deal if you expect it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ted C
aeroguestlodge, Manager at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Hi,

Many thanks for your review. As you mentioned we are minutes away from OR Tambo (Johannesburg International Airport) and we include free airport transfers both way. We also have a complimentary breakfast included in the rate. Every evening we have a barbeque where we cook to order some of the finest free range meat sourced from award winning butchers.

Our staff will do all they can to ensure you have a pleasant stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I liked this hotel very much it is very personal. It is a great place to transition into the culture of South Africa. Everyone helpful me and my co-travelers to adapt to beautiful South Africa. Tour guides where knowledgeable and fun to be with. I give a shout out to Ishmael, who was so patience with three mature women. Food was very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
aeroguestlodge, Manager at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hi,

Thank your for mentioning how good our tours are. If you get the chance when visit Johannesburg the Soweto Tour is an experience you will keep with you for the rest of your life.

As you mentioned in your review we are perfectly located when you are in transit at Johannesburg Airport. We are located just minutes away from OR Tambo and our rates include transfers both ways.

Take care.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very convenient for the airport with free shuttle service if required.
Not the quietest at night with flights overhead but excellent value for money if you're passing through. Food very reasonably priced

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
aeroguestlodge, Manager at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thanks for your review.

Our rates include breakfast and airport transfers and we're only minutes away from International arrivals at OR Tambo Johannesburg International Airport.

Hope to see you again:-)

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had one night booked here in March as I was leaving early in the morning at OR Tambo Airport. The staff was amazing ! I ended up getting sick (Not related to the lodge!) and they had a shuttle take me to the hospital free of charge, they went out of their way to help me out. The shuttle also picked me up. They phoned the hospital prior to me arriving to see how long of a wait etc. I didn't get to experience their dinner as I said I had to leave for the hospital. I did have some breakfast in the morning which was good. They have a shuttle take you directly to the airport which is helpful so you don't have to worry about cabs etc.I felt safe while I was there, even as a young solo female traveller. Room was clean, price was unbeatable ! I highly recommend !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hi,

We're glad you're okay now and thank you for mentioning how the staff went out of there way to help:-) When you stay with us we'll make sure you're well looked after and all our staff members have a genuine care and interest for our guests, your comfort and well being is the most important thing. We also ensure that if you are travelling alone we welcome you with open arms into the Aero Family:-)

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I chose this lodge because of the free shuttle to and from the airport. The room was nice, the breakfast and dinner tasty and the people very accommodating. We came back again at the end of our trip. It is very secure but the neighborhood is not safe for strolling about.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
aeroguestlodge, Manager at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Hi,

Thank you for mentioning about the food and how accommodating we are - we really try our best to make sure your stay with us is a pleasurable one.

We hope to see you again in the future!

All the best.