“Perfect for the airport”
Review of Aero Guest Lodge

Aero Guest Lodge
Ranked #2 of 68 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night before an early morning flight to Victoria Falls. The included shuttle service was fantastic, we were picked up from the airport and taken to the lodge late as our flight had been delayed but we were shown to our room and where the breakfast would be served buy the cheerful driver and he arranged for us to be taken back to the airport in the morning.
The room was large, clean and quiet, just what we needed for the night and we will stay here again when in transit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Takemeaway01

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have stayed at this lodge three times overnight while in transit and would always stay here when in Johannesburg. It is close to the airport, they operate a shuttle service any time day or night which is a huge plus. We again spent a day here rather than at the airport so sat outside relaxed before an onward flight with a lovely room at our disposal.
Brilliant!

Room Tip: Look at their website
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian G
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We really enjoyed our 3 nights here while we were waiting for our safari tour to start. It's close to the airport but not noisy given its location. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful and all very cheerful. The food is excellent - we had planned to go out to restaurants in the evenings but we ended up eating here every night because the food was so good - not an extensive menu but good quality, value for money, tasty barbecued food. They also do several good tours in Joburg and surrounding areas. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I used the lodge mainly as an airport transit stop, as it's conveniently located near the airport and the lodge offers free transport. All I had to do was let them know ahead of time my arrival time, then ring them to pick me up. Their driver, Melvin, was there in 15 minutes.

I stayed two different nights, two weeks apart. On the first night, the electricity went out and I froze. I mentioned this in passing to the owner the next morning, mostly curious why they didn't have a back-up generator. They did, as it turns out, but due to their remodeling, the wires happened to be disconnected at that time. They had the electricity back on within an hour.

The first room I was in was a basic, comfortable, and clean room. The owner, however, wanted to make up for the electricity cut, and promised to put me in the luxury suite on my return. He did, and it was luxurious. Everything was plush- from the towels to the pillows. It was a nice, unexpected, and appreciated gesture.

I didn't have dinner there, though they were willing to accommodate my late arrival. The breakfasts had a variety of hot and cold foods.

I did the day trip to Soweto with Ishmael, their tour guide. He was extremely knowledgeable and very personable. I felt the trip was pricey, but I wouldn't have otherwise been inclined toward a pre-arranged tour in the city (having just arrived the previous night from the US), so I paid for convenience and a personalized service. Ishmael/the lodge also kindly transported me to a nearby lodge which was the starting point of a tour, which I appreciated.

Room Tip: The rooms are similarly situated in a small, fenced in property. I stayed in two different rooms and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
aeroguestlodge, Manager at Aero Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hi,

Thank you for the review!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we made you feel at home. We've just finished doing some renovation work which included the installation of an on-site generator, this will give peace of mind to all guests that book with us. We're also glad you enjoyed the rooms and how clean they were - we take a great deal of pride in this area.

We really appreciate your feedback and whilst we're not perfect we really try our best to look after everyone who stays with us.

We're also glad you enjoyed your guided tour around Soweto - my advice to anyone that comes to Johannesburg is to do a Soweto Tour.

Happy travels.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

It is a great place to stay near the airport. It's perfect if you arrive in the evening and have to get a plane the following day. They pick you up at the airport for free and drop you there again when you are leaving. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Although it was very cold outside, the room was really warm and the hot water was a great relief. I would sleep there again if I had a long transfer at Johannesburg airport.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you so much for saying you would use us again, we love feedback and we're always trying to improve our service and to look after our customers.

Thank you for also mention how clean the rooms are and how spacious they are. I'm also glad you appreciated the airport shuttle which is free of charge both ways.

Happy travelling!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I wouldn't stay here unless you need to be near the airport (arriving late or leaving early). It doesn't seem to be located in a very nice area, but that was not our objective for our stay. The rooms was very clean, and nice and warm on the chilly mornings/evenings. It had 2 single beds for our kids and a big bed for us - just what we needed. The breakfast was included and was very generous. The building was very secure (including parking).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are situated minutes from OR Tambo International Airport and we're perfectly located to be used as an airport lodge - this is our core business. We offer free airports transfers and our airport shuttle operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Thank you for also mentioning our breakfast!

We wish you happy travels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The area around the lodge did not seem very safe. The lodge seems to be a converted house with additional rooms, we were given the family room with king bed and bunk bed. The gardens were very well maintained and the pool looked very nice. Internet was good and available all through the property. The breakfast was very basic, dinner menu was very limited. Location close to the airport was convenient, we did not use their shuttle service, had our own car. Employees and staff were very friendly and attentive. The management may have forgotten to pay the cable or sat invoice – the TV programming was cut off the day we were there and was not restored back. Bath room was clean but there was no shower curtain or door hence spilling all the water from the shower into the bath room. The bed linens and towels were clean, though the beds are not very comfortable. The prices for water, wine, drinks, and food seemed a bit high at the lodge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family