“Beautiful room - Average service”

Premier Hotel OR Tambo
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Booked one night as a sleepover before a trip. The hotel room was very comfortable, large, modernly furnished, and somewhat impressive. My husband and I ordered room service for dinner and we were very pleasantly surprised with a delicious meal - surprised because, we stayed at the Premier Hotel Knysna in December, and the food was less than adequate to say the least. Up to that point, the hotel impressed me. The next morning was another story though. After opening the water in the shower, I discovered that the shower was flooding. I called reception to report the fault. A gentleman was sent to the room to check. He opened the shower on the slowest setting, and after a few seconds, when the shower floor had just about gotten covered in water, he declared that the shower was safe to use. I explained that I would be having a shower that was longer than a few seconds, and on a setting with higher water pressure. He responded by saying that if the room flooded, that would not be a problem. Sure enough, the bathroom, and then the room flooded. My husband and I did what we could to mop up the water by placing towels everywhere - but that didnt make a dent in the water. Even the hallway got carpets didn't escape the flow of water from my bathroom. That, after just 2 short showers. This severely disappointed me - as I had to put my socks and shoes on downstairs in the lobby, for fear of soaking them in the room. I requested then, that I got dinner the previous night on the house - I was allowed this, and did not pay for dinner, however they did insist on payment of our drinks - an appletizer and a grapetizer. The room is good - service however is not that hot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PremierHotelsSocial, General Manager at Premier Hotel OR Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest

Please accept our apologies with regards to your experience and stay at our hotel.
I trust that you will afford us the opportunity to impress you at your next visit to Johannesburg.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Premier OR Tambo is my accommodation find of the year! The welcome at check-in is worthy of an award and check-in is an absolute breeze. The décor is elegant without being over the top and I felt at home the minute I walked in. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated and I was very impressed with the fine attention to detail. I loved the desk that was big enough to work at and I fell in love with the king sized bed! The staff were professional, extremely courteous, very friendly, extremely helpful and very accommodating. The dinner buffet was excellent, served traditional South African cuisine and catered for every taste. Breakfast was a delight and the restaurant staff really go out of their way to ensure your meal is a wonderful experience.
I would recommend this hotel without hesitation to anyone visiting Johannesburg for any length of stay and I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: The suite is a must! It has a massive bedroom and a massive sitting room and the bathroom is spacio...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee-Ann H

Dear Guest

It is most rewarding reading reviews like yours. It is after all the reason why we are in the service industry, to create happy Guests.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

About 1/3 the price of the Intercont., it was just a little further from the airport.. by shuttle. The shuttle comes every hour, about 10 past, that was something they could have told us, we just sat and waited off our 15 hour flight from Sydney.
Beware the 'porters' who try to grab your luggage outside the airport.
The welcome, at last, was warm and genuine, the rooms very comfy and a vast breakfast was included. We'd be pleased to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PremierHotelsSocial, General Manager at Premier Hotel OR Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback and compliments.
We have increased our shuttle service to every 30 minutes.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Hotel O.R. Tambo Airport again soon.

General Manager Premier Hotel OR Tambo Airport
PREMIER HOTELS & RESORTS

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This time I confirmed that the staff is very friendly, the rooms very comfortable and the price reasonable; however, the restaurant was not with full service, but only limited service; it seemed there were only few people at the hotel.
The shuttle service to the airport still was only every hour, which is a low frequency; however, I had been informed that soon it will be increased to every half hour.

Room Tip: There are some rooms too far from the elevator; it is better to ask for a room near the elevator in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for the review. We have increased the frequency of the shuttle service to every 30 minutes.

Our restaurant also provides an a la carte menu and the Bar/lounge area offers a snack menu.
I apologise that my Staff did not properly offer you all these options.

We hope that you will be back soon to experience all these options.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Although we had to drive from ORT to the hotel through the suburb of Kempton Park, it took us no longer then 5 minutes and what a surprise to find such a gem.
The public areas are spacious, the rooms are large and the kingbed ensured an good night's rest.
The working desk in the room spans most the wall area, very convenient for placing laptop and other paraphernalia. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.
I was most impressed with the dining room layout and the headwaiter at breakfast next morning was attentive and visible.
While the dinner menu is not extensive, it covered all the important things like red meat, poultry and fish, the prices were very reasonable.
I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to fellow travellers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to having the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Quality airport hotel with good rooms, strong internet and helpful staff. Dining menu above average as was the breakfast buffet. No negatives but no distinctive character. I would rate this hotel better than its next door hotel - the Protea Hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler5548

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for the compliment.

We continuously strive to change and improve our service offerings.
We have opened a Premier Hotels & Resorts kiosk at - A terminal, at the OR Tambo Airport for our Guests. The kiosk also provides the opportunity for our Guests to make accommodation reservations at other Premier Hotel properties nationwide.

We look forward to welcoming you to Premier Hotel O.R. Tambo Airport again soon.

General Manager Premier Hotel OR Tambo Airport

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel is within 5 minutes of the airport via free shuttle that operates on the hour from the hotel to the airport and the half hour from the airport to the hotel. The reception staff are great and very effecient. I was checked in and in my room within 5 minutes. The room was great, very clean and modern. The hotel food was fine and priced well and again, the service was fast and very good. This hotel is a very good value for money. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
PremierHotelsSocial, General Manager at Premier Hotel OR Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Traveller

Thank you for the positive feedback. From the month of May we will be increasing the frequency of the shuttle service to OR Tambo Airport and Rhodesfield Gautrain to twice an hour. We look forward to having the pleasure of your company again soon at Premier Hotel O.R. Tambo.

General Manager Premier Hotel O.R. Tambo