“Very Spacious Rooms”

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
East London, South Africa
“Very Spacious Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

The rooms are very spacius and very well equiped with bath and seperate shower. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, and staff are very friendly and proffesional. Acces to the airport is also very quick.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Zeroburn
PremierHotelsSocial, General Manager at Premier Hotel OR Tambo, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest -Ask Zeroburn,

Good day to you, and we hope that you are very well.

We would like to thank you for your very kind words, it is truly appreciated.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us.

Once again, many thanks for your positive feedback, and looking forward to your next visit, which we trust will be soon.

Should you need to contact us for anything whatsoever in the future, please may we kindly ask you to do so, so that we may assist you accordingly.

Premier Hotel O.R. Tambo Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We arrived after midnight, and even though the hotel shuttle was no longer operating, the hotel sent a car to pick us up from the airport for a minimal charge. It was only a seven minute ride. The room was spacious, modern and well designed with all the creature comforts. Even a coffee maker! They were security conscious and I could not have felt more secure. With an early morning departure, the hotel shuttle got us back in time to board our plane. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
PremierHotelsSocial, General Manager at Premier Hotel OR Tambo, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Dear Vega_12 – Esteemed Guests,

Good day to you, and we hope that you are both very well ?

We would like to thank you for your very kind words, it is truly appreciated. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us.

George, Western Cape
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

I was amazed at the spacious room that I stayed in. It was very comfortable, the staff were friendly and I appreciated the complimentary airport shuttle. The driver of the shuttle was very friendly. I will definitely stay at this hotel again and was perfect for an overnight before catching my flight early the next morning. I missed breakfast because my flight was so early but the hotel provided me with a very nice breakfast pack

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Esteemed Guest - Gavin021,

Good day to you, and we hope that you are very well ? We would like to thank you for your very kind words, it is truly appreciated.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us.

Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stated here for one night before heading off to Kruger. It is conveniently close to the airport and very easy to find.
The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was buffet style, good value for money with lots to close from.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Esteemed Guest – Kernow Deskadger,

Good day to you and your Spouse, and we hope that you are both very well ?

South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our flight to Europe was cancelled and suddenly 536 passengers had to be allocated hotels. We were sent to Premier with 120 other passengers. Although we waited for a while for small shuttles to pick us up, once we arrived at the hotel our rooms were processed almost immediately. It took a while to get our cases upstairs as there were only two passenger and one case lift so in this instance I would recommend a room on the second floor as you can walk up a few stairs to get there. The Manager was a presence - always around and checking on the workings of everything.We arrived after 21h30 yet there was a warm tasty enough meal for us and no pressure to rush through and eat. The breakfast the next morning, available from 06h00 was varied and tasty and the staff were obliging and helpful. The rooms are well appointed and clean. My only gripe was the blanket at the end of the bed needed a replacement. In the morning the manager organised a private driver and car for us to return to the airport. If you are going to be stuck waiting for a commute. I definitely would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The second floor is accessible
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Esteemed Guest – South Africa Concerned,

Good afternoon to you and we hope that you and your family are well ?

Many thanks for your constructive and honest feedback, it is truly appreciated.

I would like to apologize for the matter with reference to the throw over, as well as the issue regarding the utilization/securing of a room on the 2nd floor for yourselves.

We have replaced 80% of the old throw overs with a new consignment, which has most certainly improved the look and feel of our rooms.

Once again, please allow me to apologise for the same, and I hope that this will not discourage you from visiting our property in the future.

Should you wish to visit us in the future, please may I kindly ask you to contact me direct, so that I may assist you accordingly.

San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I were on a safari trip that used the nearby OR Tambo Protea as the arrival night hotel. At the end of our tour, we decided to stay an extra night so as to spend some time at Johannesburg and found the OR Tambo Premier hotel to be of excellent value for a conveniently located airport hotel. It is newer (4 years old), had larger and better appointed rooms, a better wellness center and a much nicer restaurant than the Protea Hotel. The staff was very friendly and gave us a late checkout to accommodate our tour of the Aparthied Museum. We also enjoyed our dinner and breakfast at the Premier's restaurant. If going on another trip starting in Johannesburg, we would gladly stay at the Priemer hotel. It was an excellent price performer.

Room Tip: Our standard room was very spacious and well appointed, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
PremierHotelsSocial, General Manager at Premier Hotel OR Tambo, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Visitor 1284,

Good morning and I trust you are keeping well ?

Many thanks for your kind words, it is truly appreciated. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us.

Should you require any assistance in the near future, please contact me directly, so that I may assist you accordingly.

I wish you a pleasant day.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and highly recommend it for its friendly and helpful staff. It's a short distance from the airport and provides a free shuttle service to and fro. There's also a shuttle service to the Rhodesfield Gautrain station for those who are interested in going to Sandton, a major shopping centre. Just be warned that the Gautrain ends at 8:30 pm.

The only problem I had was with the laundry service. The first time I was surprised when I did not received the items in the evening. On checking, I was informed that the laundry had not turned up and my laundry would be done the next day. The next day, at about 8 pm, when it had not shown up, I checked with reception and was informed that it had been sent to my room when it had not. After a check, my laundry was found. The same thing happened the second time to my laundry but this time I got them returned on the same day. I suggest making sure that you get your laundry back if you are departing the next day.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Messrs. kwan 3452,

Good morning to you, and we trust that you are well.

Many thanks for your constructive and honest feedback, it is truly appreciated.

I would like to apologize for the unacceptable incidents during your visit to our property, there is no excuse for the said.

I am truly sorry that the said issues were not brought to my attention during your stay, which would have allowed for me to take immediate corrective action, and furthermore ensuring that your stay would have been far more favourable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies.

Should there be anything that I may assist you with in the future, please contact me directly.

We look forward to your next visit to Premier Hotel O.R. Tambo Airport.