“Fine dining Kempton ”

Ranked #11 of 91 Restaurants in Kempton Park
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great food and great ambiance. Close to OR Tambo International airport
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Consistently good food and service
This family is know for providing great food and drinks to the local area
Dinners are a hit, if you have some time to kill try the crab, staff will tie a table cloth over you as you attempt to smash your way through an absolutely fantastic meal

Reviewed 3 October 2017

They had a 1kg T Bone special which was awesome. Don't know what they weigh it with but after I have eaten all I can, I swear the takeout container still weighed a kilo! My dog nearly ran away when she saw the size of the T bone. Service was good.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I've been to Jose's 5 or 6 times with my SA friends Mark and Frieda who live nearby and have been dining at Jose's even before they moved to the current location. I've either been transiting into/out of Mozambique or on business from Somalia and go to Jose's every time I fly in/out of OR Tambo. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has a few hours to kill and can get out of the airport. Jose's has always been one of those restaurants where you have that glorious dilemma - stick with what you know (which in my case is the incredible Kingclip) or try something else. I've done both and never been disappointed when I've tried something else but more often than not come back to the Kingclip. Try it with the large prawns as well. Service is brilliant and personal without being overwhelming. Jose and his son also always make you feel special - hell even the 2 African Grey parrots greet you when you arrive. I went there in the SA winter one time with a big log fire going and that just made it even more special. The carafes of house wine (we usually go for red) go down far too easily as well. All in all a brilliant start or end to any trip into or out of (or through) OR Tambo. Love the place, love the people, LOVE the food.

1  Thank DesertPhil
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We were visiting Jo,burg and saw an advert for their prawns ans oysters. We were four adults and all had prawns after each couple shared a starter. Thank goodness we shared as the starters (Choriso and Grilled Haloumi) as they were generous and most enjoyable. Three of us ordered 1kg portions of prawns and one just half a kilo. Man these were very large Queen prawns and almost too much (nO - jUST ENOUGH!!!) to eat. They were delicious and were brought in plates on Hot Plates. Very nice meal and almost too much attention from the waiter but that is better than too little.Perhaps just as well I had no oysters as that may have been too much. The special was also an excellent price for prawns that size and quality - no soft ones. Had no space for any sweets.
Good meal - thanks

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We booked for 2 couples well in advance, and had to wait for 10 minutes in the smoking area/entrance for attention - right next to the 2 African Grey's who are surely destined to die of lung cancer!! What about smoking laws??? Eventually seated, the food - 2 prawn specials and 2 steak dishes - was great.... after we sent all 4 plates back the 1st time bec all the food and plates were COLD! The place was packed solid with diners, and the service, vibe, wine prices and food was good and we'll probably go back!! Poor parrots tho'!!