“Short Overnight Visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Dublin, Ireland
“Short Overnight Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was in travelling and had an overnight layover. My stay was nice and I had a good experience. The bar food in the evening was nice and breakfast was very good. I had meeting in the lobby the following morning and the service staff were all friendly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

AntonySLarsen, General Manager at Southern Sun O.R Tambo International Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Karl-BWI

Please allow me this opportunity to thank for your patronage and for taking the time to write this positive review. Your acknowledgment of the friendly staff members is particularly appreciated as my team and I pride ourselves on having this impact on all those that we have the privilege of being of service to.

We look forward to the next opportunity to host you.

Antony Larsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Quiet, comfortable very convenient spot for an overnight stay when we were transiting from Durban to Livingstone the following day.
Efficient shuttle bus service to/from the airport.
Good value and quality buffet style dinner and similar breakfast.
Rooms very clean and comfortable

Room Tip: Being very adjacent to the airport it doesn't really matter. We had one overlooking the pool whi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear michael_staddon

Thank you for the privilege to have been your accommodation provider whilst transiting through Johannesburg.

It is most appreciated that you have taken the time to submit this positive review that has highlighted a number of key points. It is often a welcome surprise to our travelers that whilst the hotel is located on the airport grounds, there is no affiliated noise. I am thankful for your confirmation of this hotels ability to provide the required comfort and convenience with this being absolutely key in us providing a superior service to visitors. Services such as our complimentary shuttle service running every fifteen minutes, twenty four hours a day is provided specifically with this in mind as well as our quality buffet meals enabling travelers to enjoy a meal without unnecessary time constraints if and when required.

I am particularly delighted that you have enjoyed the room and dining experiences and your acknowledgment of the value for money thereof. Should you return and require a room overlooking the lush gardens around the exterior of the building, please let us know and we will certainly provide such.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My major concern is related with wireless quality. There is room for further improvements in other to make the hotel more attractive .Overall I'm happy with the quality and staff kindness. I Also think that is due time to replace carpets in the rooms. Thanks

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Dr Tomaz Salomao
Dear Dr Tomaz Salomao

Thank you for your support and for this positive review. Let me assure you that our IT department is very committed to consistently providing a superior WiFi experience. We have recently upgraded the Complimentary WiFi capacity and trust that this will now exceed your requirements in the future. We do have a capital expenditure program in place that includes continuous work on carpets throughout the property. We have however made a note of your concern and on your return will ensure that our delivery to you is of a standard that will leave you more than satisfied.

Thank you for the acknowledgment of the quality and the teams’ impact. This is most valued.

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Easy for just a sleep over at johannesburg. With the Shuttle is just 5 minutes from the airport. Rooms are fine, just a bit too small but functional. They have the "double double" which is ok for a couple with 2 children.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bridget T

Thank you for the time taken to provide this positive review and for highlighting the suitability for a sleep over and movement to and from the airport by our complimentary shuttle service.
I assume that as you are from Pretoria, you stayed over either on your way out of the province or on your way home. I am left wondering if you enjoyed the benefits of our Jet Off special advertised on Tripadvisor that enables you to leave your vehicle parked on our property whilst away as this eliminates the challenge of parking in this area and provides for much convenience.
Should you return, please mention your concern relating to the size of the room as my team will no doubt be able to allocate a room that can provide for your preference.

Johannesburg Kempton Park
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The rooms for wheelchair users are too small and cluttered and difficult to manoeuvre. Nowhere that I could see on the website was there any mention of a R500 deposit or the fact that we are charged to park our vehicle, which I find disturbing as in my opinion if you are paying to stay there then residents should have free parking. Buffet prices for dinner were astronomical and we were served stale rolls on our table and given a steel tea pot which got so hot I could only pick it up with my napkin. So we did not even stay for breakfast as dinner was not enjoyable. The reason for my stay was to see if it would be acceptable for parents to stay for a 2 week period on there holiday from the UK, but I will unfortunately be telling them that it would not be suitable for them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Nj B

I am most distressed that we did not live up to your expectations and that we do not have the opportunity to be the accommodation provider to your parents.

I am afraid that parking is a facility that is charged for and I am not entirely sure what you are referring to with regards a deposit.

Should there be an opportunity to reconsider, I welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss your needs. Should your parents stay with us, I will ensure that our celebrity Executive Chef takes personal interest in their dining experience and I will provide a room that will provide the required space for ease of movement of a wheelchair. Please realise that I am able to provide a value for money experience and if not here, in one of our other hotel brands within the group.

Thank you for this review and presenting the opportunity to deliver on yoyr requirements.

Antony.Larsen@tsogosun.com
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Located close to OR tambo with a regular shuttle, staying here for a night is ideal and would recommend as a transit hotel. Service was good and food from the restaurant was decent. Has a little shop on site for any of those forgotten souvenirs and also a spa/salon for any necessary last minute beautifying.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mix 211

Thank you for your support and the positive review highlighting a number of vital provisions that differentiates this hotel making it the preference both as a transit hotel and for those spending time in the province of Gauteng.

I am a little disappointed that we were not able to do more than provide you with a decent dining experience. I am sure that we can do much more and hope that you will provide me with your details to Antony.Larsen@tsogosun.com as this will enable me to do exactly that should you return.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Early morning arrival from an overnight flight but a bedroom was found within the hour, with a cup of coffee whilst we waited.
A comfortable place to stay in every aspect of the word.
We'll be back there twice in the near future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael K

Thank you so much for the positive review. Your acknowledgment of this hotels ability to accommodate your needs and comfort is most appreciated. We do pride ourselves on our flexibility and your most appreciated effort to highlight the provision of a room early in the morning is a testament of such.

We look forward to hosting you in the future and would appreciate you letting me know when you are returning will ensure that I oversee your continued comfort with us.

Antony.Larsen@tsogosun.com