“Great location for business and leisure time”

Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Kempton Park
Sinazongwe
“Great location for business and leisure time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Have stayed a number of times and really suitable for those on business and a great place to find endless entertainment without having to drive. In close proximity to the airport an added bonus. Most certainly value for money . Great service from the staff and an excellent breakfast offered in Aurelia's Restaurant. Room's a little on the small side but very comfortable. The casino is monstrously huge with plenty of entertainment including a variety of great restaurants , pubs , theatre and cinema.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms an added bonus. avoid room on the 5 th floor close to private lounge as noisy ear...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We arrived for a one night stay on the way back from Cape Town. There was a handy shuttle bus to take us to the hotel. A lovely lady checked us in. However when we got to the room we were given two single beds pushed together. My husband rang reception and they said they had a booking for a twin. I checked my hotel voucher and I had definitely booked, and paid extra for a double. Then we got moved to another room. It was much nicer and bigger than the original room with a view of the fountain. However a staff member shortly turned up and told me this was Mrs M?'s room and basically asked what I was doing in there. What appeared to have happened was they had moved us to another lady's new room and the lady to our new room. We then got moved again. By now I was fed up and hungry. My husband went to the front desk to find out what was going as we were left in the room keys taken away with no indication of how long it take to resolve. A very kind lady from guest relations who was sympathetic arranged for some snacks which was appreciated but I would rather have just got my room when I arrived. The overnight stay was then fine, lots of places to eat and a good nights sleep. There was some noise from the casino but it didn't bother us at all.

Checking out the following morning was a stressful experience. We called the front desk in good time for someone to take collect out luggage. After we had been waiting for some time we called front desk and were told someone was on there way then after a further wait we gave up and proceed to the elevator with our 2 large cases and cabin baggage. One of the elevators was broken and after a few unsuccessful attempts of trying to get on the full elevators, I asked the very helpful house keeping to escort us to the service elevator or else we might never have got back to reception.

After checking out we proceeded to go to breakfast to be told that the restaurant was crowded and that there was a waiting list. We explained that delays were caused by the hotel and that we only had a short time before our shuttle left. To their credit the food and beverage staff did try to resolve the situation. The buffet looked a bit like it had been ravaged by a pack of wild animals which wasn’t very appetising.

In conclusion the check out and check in were terrible and I would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
EmperorsPalace, Manager at Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest

We are disappointed to learn of your negative experience with us

Our team takes complaints of this nature very seriously. Each incident reported to us, is reviewed by the department manager for inconsistencies and brought to senior management’s attention for resolution

We understand your frustrations have been caused by service standard that is not what you expected from us and we will immediately begin work on correcting this.

Once again we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, if you could please call me on 011 928 1732 to discuss further or you can mail me on; ascully@emperorspalace.com

We are looking forward to hearing from you soonest

Guest Relations Manager
Emperors Palace Hotel Casino Convention Resort
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here for just 1 night because we were flying out of South Africa the next day and this hotel is very near the airport, just 10 minutes (or so) away.

I really wish I could stay here longer because I really enjoyed the breakfast in Aurelia's Restaurant. It may look like they only have a few selection but are actually a lot since they scattered it to different stations/tables. The food quality is very good. The hot food remains hot/warm. The servers are also very attentive. There's also a pianist that plays beautiful songs during breakfast time so you really get a full sensory delight.

The concierge was very courteous and helpful. The bellhop was also very friendly and helpful as he pointed out some tips with regards to our room, like where the outlets and hairdryer are hidden, etc.

The room was a bit compact for me and my sister, but manageable. It also has a certain distracting smell.. I hope it's their form of disinfectant (and not what I have in mind). The shower and tub is one and the same so it helps to be extra careful. I almost slipped when I was moving away from the water as the temperature kept changing.. it can instantly become scalding hot! Good thing the tub is enclosed with sliding glass doors, so I had that and the tiled walls to hold on to.

The wifi is free and good for 5 days. It is strong in the common areas like casino floors, hallways, restaurants, etc. but cannot reach inside our rooms.

The hotel has a tunnel full of paintings that will connect to the casino floor, restaurants and other hotels so you don't have to go out and experience the changes in temperature/humidity.

Overall, I'm happy with this hotel.. if they can just make sure that the room smells nice. I love their breakfast food and would want to return here just for that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Charissa C
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights to attend a conference held within the casino complex. The rooms are on the small side but very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was spacious in comparison to the bedroom. Breakfast buffet was excellent and the service very good. The gym is small with only two bikes for example. The spa is very good with a vast array of treatments. The free shuttle to/ from airport is very handy. The casino looks like any other casino but I did not go there. The rooms were quiet which is nice considering it is so close to the airport. It can feel enclosed as the entire complex is surrounded by huge railings. It is far from the city centre as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
EmperorsPalace, Manager at Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for supporting Emperors Palace and for making the D'Oreale Grande Hotel your preferred residence

On behalf of all management and employees at Emperors Palace, we would like to thank you sincerely for your kind comments.

These will be passed onto the specific department so that we can use the opportunity to praise the employees and create a positive awareness of caring guests

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Hotel Guest Relations Manager
Emperors Palace Hotel Casino Conventions Resort
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had to stay in Johannesburg two different nights a few days apart before catching flights to the game preserves. Our travel agent booked us here as it is near the airport. I'm not sure what other, if very many accommodations are around here--so this might be one of the best. Anyway--I did not research any hotels in the area and I can just comment on this one. It is in a very Vegas type atmosphere with casinos and restaurants attached. When you arrive and walk in the lobby it is elegant and beautiful with ample sitting room and a small bar area near the back. Our room was ok with a balcony--that looked out onto the drive up area. Our other room the 2nd time had a balcony that looked out over their green grassy pool area. The ventilation system is poor as the smoke from the casinos or somewhere was so bad it actually woke me up! It seemed to be coming in through the air conditioning and I really thought we were in a hotel fire and got my husband up to check the hallways etc..We didn't notice the smoke smell coming from our neighbors' rooms. The staff at the front desk was helpful but not overly friendly. The bartenders were all very nice and willing to please. The room itself was nice and the bed comfortable enough, but a tall lamp that was decorative and looked like it weighed a hundred pounds actually was made of plastic and fell over every time we brushed by it. The breakfast buffet in the morning was actually pretty good with so many different theme food choices a foodie would be in heaven! The view from our table was out over the grassy area and pool and fountains-nice enough, as this was a cool day and we didn't have to watch pool goers running around. This was really just a stopover place for us--so I'm not sure I will ever be back here--but if I do come this way--I will look into other options--if there are any. This place really made me feel like I was in a Vegas copy-cat hotel and I'm pretty sure the whole hotel is non-smoking--so breathing the cigarette smoke in my bedroom all night was odd and a real turn off!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
EmperorsPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace, responded to this review, 3 May 2014

Thank you for supporting Emperors Palace

We appreciate the time it takes to bring to our attention the service issues that you experienced at our property. Your comments are taken very seriously and are fully investigated by each department manager to ensure that we constantly improve our standards

As we work together towards these improvements, we sincerely hope that this particular experience does not jeopardize our valuable relationship.

Guest Relations Manager
Emperors Palace Hotel Casino Convention Resort
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband, I and our two sons aged 12 & 14 recently had an overnight stay here en route to Safari at Kruger, the location was great - close to the airport and easy access to restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. However, having clearly booked a family room we found the room offered was rather small, it contained a double bed (uncomfortable to say the least) plus a bed sofa, which the boys were not at all impressed with!! There was little space to walk around the beds once the sofa was extended.We were reassured by the very approachable manager that this was indeed a family room.
We found the room decor rather dated as was the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
EmperorsPalace, Manager at Peermont D'oreale Grande at Emperors Palace, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments received, we have taken note regarding the size of the room and we want to thank you for your feedback received

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again

Jaisree Pillay

excellent service
good connection with airport
friendly staff
breakfast perfect
spa facilties nice and good equip
the only negative isssue was the availibilty of the room at morning check in, have to wait for 2 hours

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments received, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We have taken note of the early arrival disappointment and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Hotel Guest Relations Manager