Preparing for a safari in Namibia we came to Johannesburg for two nights before departing for Windhoek. Of course, the convenience of simply walking outside the airport door and looking directly at the Hotel Intercontinental is a first welcoming event. Then, being welcomed by the staff throughout the checkin process is another warm part of the event. Going to the comfortable room for a pleasant, quiet, night's rest is a major part. And, in the morning and in the evening, to have the delightful breakfast buffet and the truly fine dinner menu with its beautiful presentations and delicious tastes, is the wrap-up for this overall welcoming event. An unexpected bonus was the opportunity to speak with the Executive Chef as he came through the dining room so I could express my appreciation for the superb vegetarian dish he had prepared. We have stayed here before and will stay here again when we next come to or through Johannesburg. Further, having the sparkling clean Metro come right to the airport and, thus, the hotel, from the city is yet another plus for this first quality hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport is a safe and highly convenient hotel only 68.7 metres (225-foot) walk from the International Arrivals hall at Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and is your ideal and hassle-free stopover for onward Southern African destinations, Game Reserves, Victoria Falls & Cape Town. Perfectly located for business and a 14-minute train ride from the Sandton CBD, the hotel facilities include free unlimited Wi-Fi, Business Centre, Health Spa, complimentary gym, swimming pool and DVD library. Guests love our large showers with massage showerheads and the ample natural light flowing from the floor to ceiling windows. In-room flight information allows you to time and plan your onward journeys from the comfort of your room. Soundproofed rooms, blackout curtains, king beds and fluffy duvets ensure you enjoy a great sleep experience. Quills Restaurant, open 24 hours daily, offers contemporary African dining, indoors or on the terrace. Winner of the 2015 Best Airport Hotel in Africa Award by Skytrax World Airport Awards and refurbished in 2015, the hotel offers the most sophisticated airport accommodations on the African Continent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Johannesburg Or Tambo Airport Hotel Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Kempton Park
- Intercontinental Hotel Kempton Park