“We loved it..”

Ranked #1 of 66 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Luanda, Angola
“We loved it..”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

After finding ourselves (my wife and I) stranded at OT Airport we were just lucky to find this little oasis about 15 min from the airport. Blue Mango is a paradise for the tired, grumpy traveler. It´s quiet, peaceful and friendly. We were marveled by the feeling of home away from home. We rested for a few hours and later we ate a delicious home cooking meal accompanied by Steve’s beautiful children. By late afternoon we were on our way back to the airport as promised feeling rested and happy to continue our trip. If I find myself on that neck of the woods again, I know exactly where to go.
Thanks Steve.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank OsvaldoEvora

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Mauritius
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a great to place if you are staying in JB or if you need a overnight place to stay.
Stevie will take care of everything that makes a great experience when, especially lone travellers, that are unfamiliar with JB.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Filipe1980
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Blue Mango Lodge because of an extended presentation and I must say that I'm extremely happy that the presentation dragged. If it hadn't I wouldn't have experienced such a wonder night. Thank you Steve.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Siyabonga M
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 27 February 2014

After being stranded because of a ticket mix up at the O.R Tambo airport, JHB, I was given this lodge's details and booked in. Best decision I made was to book here. The owner picked me up from the airport quite promtly and was the most friendliest person I met that day. He managed to settle my panicked self and assured me I would be safe. My room was beautiful. The bed and linen was pure luxury and sooo comfortable. I slept very well and woke up well rested for my next long flight. The pick-up and drop-off service was excellent and made everything much more convenient. I will always book at this lodge for all my Jhb stays and will recommend this lodge to my families and friends as well. Such a pleasure to find such an awsome place with excellent service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Miss_Leto
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 25 February 2014

WHILE WITHIN REACH OF O.R. TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, JOHANNESBURG, IN UNDER 15 MIN, this does not even come close to what makes BLUE MANGO LODGE AN ABSOLUTE FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD CHOICE - albeit your Plan A or backup B. Not even the FREE pick-up and drop-off service BY THE OWNER, STEVE, HIMSELF nor the honest to goodness, friendly lodge "family". Or the lush antiqueness of his wide choice of rooms that Steve gives away at astonishing rates.
What stands out like the BIRD-FILLED TREES surrounding BLUE MANGO LODGE, is the 5-star HOSPITALITY, PEACEFUL TRANQUILITY AND YESTERYEAR'S AFFORDABILITY!!!
Stevie, together with your Daisies in the garden - I commend and recommend you with a light and laughing heart!
Thank you for my last minute treat and for restoring my faith when I needed it most!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Gerhard K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Blue Mango and it was wonderful. We were picked up from the airport and made comfortable till our return, plus dropped off at the airport. It is a wonderful Lodge if you are looking for a feel at home type of place. Rooms are clean and tidy plus breakfast offered at your request. Bar is good and the staff service is perfect.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon G
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I arrived very tired at OR Tambo airport, and had 10+ (daytime) hours before my flight. Spoke to Stevie (owner) via the Tourist Info at the airport and quickly agreed a great 'day rate'. He was there to pick me up - for free - within 10 minutes.
A great, chilled out place to spend the day. I mainly caught up on sleep in one of the comfy & clean rooms, but the garden/patio area was also lovely. I didn't have any food, but heard good things from other guests. Stevie then dropped me back at the airport in time for my flight. Thoroughly recommended if you want a comfortable and relaxed place to spend time before a flight - I'd have no hesitation staying at Blue Mango again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo