“Extra mile” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 65 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Somerset West, South Africa
“Extra mile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

A perfect solution to being bumped off your flight!
Stevie is wonderful and very efficient. From a late night glass of wine to a delicious, home-cooked meal for lunch.
Really home away from home and he goes the extra mile to ensure that all your needs are met.
Strongly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ronel B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I needed a short-stay hotel for a 12 hour airport wait, coming from Kruger Park and heading back to the US at midnight. I am thankful I went to the info booth at OR Tambo and the assistant browsed accommodations for me to find Blue Mango Lodge. Upon calling the lady helping me spoke directly to Stevie, the owner, and was told I could stay in a single bed room for the day, with pick-up and drop-off at the airport included. I was pleased with the rate and distance, and the lady helping me also said the lodge was very safe and had good reviews.

Upon getting picked up I was furthermore surprised that Stevie was picking me up along with other travelers. He is a very honest and polite gentleman who was interested in hearing about our trips and offering personal stories. To me, when the owner of a business is involved in the business then the business is a good one. Once we arrived at the lodge (what they call B&Bs in South Africa) I was showed to my room and left in peace.

The room was beautiful- I absolutely loved the decor, cleanliness, peacefulness, it was great. I slept for hours and was awakened by the smell of food, which I could have been served but declined due to a stomach bug. Stevie's wife cooked and his daughter was around playing and laughing. During the meal I walked around the grounds and just relaxed before my 16-hour journey. It was truly perfect and just what I needed. Stevie then took me to the airport and I wished I had more time to spend a full day at his lodge to keep relaxing!

Overall Blue Mango is a comfortable, unexpected and useful surprise lodging for solo travelers or families alike. The pricing, services and atmosphere create a complete worth-it package. I highly recommend the lodge and look forward to returning with my mom, because Stevie also offers trip planning services. If his experience and connections are like his lodging business I know I can expect a great trip with personalized transportation, accommodations and touring!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank bessiejking
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We came to joberg and stayed in some ok places but Blue Mango all I can say and I have just been here 15minutes Wow Stevie what a great guy picked us up and this is a gem .
I would recommend this place to all my friends who intend to visit joberg I am blown away with its tranquility and Stevie is so accommodating and a breath of fresh air

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jayjosh123
Luanda, Angola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

After finding ourselves (my wife and I) stranded at OT Airport we were just lucky to find this little oasis about 15 min from the airport. Blue Mango is a paradise for the tired, grumpy traveler. It´s quiet, peaceful and friendly. We were marveled by the feeling of home away from home. We rested for a few hours and later we ate a delicious home cooking meal accompanied by Steve’s beautiful children. By late afternoon we were on our way back to the airport as promised feeling rested and happy to continue our trip. If I find myself on that neck of the woods again, I know exactly where to go.
Thanks Steve.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank OsvaldoEvora
Mauritius
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a great to place if you are staying in JB or if you need a overnight place to stay.
Stevie will take care of everything that makes a great experience when, especially lone travellers, that are unfamiliar with JB.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Filipe1980
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Blue Mango Lodge because of an extended presentation and I must say that I'm extremely happy that the presentation dragged. If it hadn't I wouldn't have experienced such a wonder night. Thank you Steve.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Siyabonga M
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

After being stranded because of a ticket mix up at the O.R Tambo airport, JHB, I was given this lodge's details and booked in. Best decision I made was to book here. The owner picked me up from the airport quite promtly and was the most friendliest person I met that day. He managed to settle my panicked self and assured me I would be safe. My room was beautiful. The bed and linen was pure luxury and sooo comfortable. I slept very well and woke up well rested for my next long flight. The pick-up and drop-off service was excellent and made everything much more convenient. I will always book at this lodge for all my Jhb stays and will recommend this lodge to my families and friends as well. Such a pleasure to find such an awsome place with excellent service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo