“Great!”

Ranked #1 of 62 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I won't be telling you that this is the five-star, super luxus lodge...

BUT it is a great place to stay. Stevie and Daisy have outdone themselves providing an accomodation with familiar, relaxing atmosphere where one can enjoy his/her stay in Johannesburg.

To the facts: clean, comfortable, pretty cheap, free transport from and to the airport and all in all a great service.

A big plus: when Stevie got me from the airport together with his cute 2 yo daughter, I got to hear the best performed childrens' story during the ride!

Thank you guys.
Definitely visiting again the next time.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Guido M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Ostend, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Good value for your money.Steve is very friendly and helpful. Next time I have to wait for a flight in Jozi I know for sure where to stay. The garden is a splendid place to kill some time birdwatching.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Janbeernaerts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed at blue mango on 4/8/14,Seriously Steve came to the airport and picked me up within 15 minutes of calling,the lodge is only 10 minutes away.he also made sure i felt at home at the lodge and drop me of at the airport,I will recommend this place to everyone and will definatly stay there again anytime am in the Johannesburg
ray!!!!
new york
united states

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank brent p
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Was planning on staying for just one night but Steven was honest enough to tell me from his vast knowledge about South Africa that I should change my plans. So I stayed another night to sort out everything, changed my plans completely trusted Steven's advice and in the end had a wonderful trip! So I owe him a lot for all the help and honest advice.

The place its self is of course very good. Comfortable beds, good shower and toilet, nice common area, safe and close to the airport.

Would highly recommend a stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Yohan T
Abuja, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Short stay in Jo-burg in Blue Mango Lodge has totally change my impression about South African Hotel Operator, Steve has make me dreaming of going back for another short holiday in Jo burg. Just a call from the porter, Stevie is there to pick you up without any delay. I was surprised when the porter told me that the owner of the blue mango was outside to take me to my hotel because it was around 12midnight.Blue Mango Lodge is really home away from home and Stevie always goes extra mile to satisfy his customer. Immediately i got to my hotel room i was complaining about a Sim card that will allow me to talk to my people back in naija.Before noon, because i have to sleep and rest a little bit. Stevie was right their for me to take me to peep in order to get a Sim card.I will always recommend Blue Mango Lodge to anybody from Nigeria and any other part of the word.What a great experience, kudos to you Stevie.

Room Tip: Room on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Bolarinwa O
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Had a great time here, the hospitality an friendliness was the best! Will definitely stay there again. Thx Stevie, you and your wonderful family have us a great layover evening. We appreciate the luxury and comfort and all the assistance you gave us.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Henry F
Somerset West, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

A perfect solution to being bumped off your flight!
Stevie is wonderful and very efficient. From a late night glass of wine to a delicious, home-cooked meal for lunch.
Really home away from home and he goes the extra mile to ensure that all your needs are met.
Strongly recommend!