“Perfect Beginning”
Review of Blue Mango Lodge

Blue Mango Lodge
Ranked #1 of 67 Kempton Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My sister and I recently returned from our trip to South Africa and our safari into Botswana. After continual "cautionary" warnings about Johannesburg, we were a little afraid. After researching, we decided to stay at the Blue Mango Lodge. We were flying standby, so our arrival date was uncertain. Steve, the owner, was so cooperative. He worked with our tentative schedule with patience and quick replies. He was waiting for us when we arrived, and drove us to his very peaceful place. His lovely wife and beautiful child greeted us, and we were offered a meal and a smile. The rooms were all very clean and inviting, and the deep bathtub was immaculate and the soak was a welcome retreat after the long hours of travel. I joined Steve to watch the world cup soccer match, and we had some intelligent conversation over a nice glass of S. African wine. He transported us to an ATM in the morning then on to our rental car. He helped us plan our route and offered us great ideas and local knowledge. Truly a perfect begging to our S. African adventure, and I would definitely stay there again if I am fortunate enough to be able to go back there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Spent there one night. Not far from airport, free airport Transfers, rooms are great, everything there what you need. People nice and friendly. The price is absolutely fair for what you get. Also a really safe area. A really really nice place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I landed with two other friends and was recommended this lodge by the info booth in May. Steve, the owner picked us up and recommended drivers and attractions. Steve was professional, easy going and the lodge was clean and inviting. He provided a trip to and from the airport and also dinner which was fantastic. I would recommend Blue Mango Lodge to everybody.

Room Tip: We had a group of three and Steve was able to convert one of his rooms into a three sleeper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2014

After arriving from Sydney we were picked-up at the airport by Stevie, the friendly owner and his little daughter. Blue Mango is a very convenient place- located only a few minutes from the airport - ideal for transit travellers. We were very tired but felt immediately at home after arriving on his pleasant and comfortable place, managed with such enthusiasm and passion. We had a well prepared and very tasty dinner, followed by a very peaceful and restful night . Breakfast was good - a combination of cooked and self-service. However we missed a real coffee (not instant) and good bread (Stevie said he is about to have available a plunger coffee). At the arranged time Stevie drove us to the airport but when arrived I realized had forgotten my back-pack in his place! Promptly and for my great relief he immediately drove me back to collect it! I deeply appreciate his helpfulness, time and support, even more considering his very busy agenda that morning. Many thanks again, Stevie! No doubt a place to go back.

Room Tip: we stayed in a large room, with bath tube and TV. Tea was also provided.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Although I travel to South Africa and Johannesburg often, I had never heard of this place. After enquiring from the airport about lodges, the owner Stevie collected us and took us to what was one of the best night stays I've ever had. Clean, friendly and with outstanding beds, it was perfect.

The provided breakfast and optional dinner will not disappoint. I'm pleased to say we decided to stay an extra night only because the first was so comfortable.

Highly recommended and not the last time I will be staying there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This was like coming home from home.The service is out of this world and so friendly you feel at home. I will definitely comeback and recommend this Lodge to anybody who are looking for the best service at the most reasonable prices. Thanks for a wonderful stay with great food and service

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed at the Blue Mango Lodge three times. It is convenient whenever I am on transit to Bulawayo Zimbabwe. The place is run by a very passionate owner. I always receive first class service - from the airport pick up, the quality of the rooms, the great meals and the general friendliness of the staff and the owners of the place. The interior decor is also great.

Room Tip: The inside rooms have wifi. The outside ones do not.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo