“I gave it a 4 rating.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emperors Palace

Emperors Palace
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fit for true Emperors in more ways than one, Emperors Palace Hotel Casino Convention and Entertainment Resort welcomes all to experience true luxury and excitement. Emperors Palace offers luxurious accommodation in four unique hotels, a glorious health and beauty spa, a magnificent casino with unparalleled gaming enjoyment, the finest in dining options, spectacular entertainment choices, world class conference facilities, and impeccable service. Come to Emperors Palace. Come to the Palace of Dreams!
Florida
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“I gave it a 4 rating.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Folks, I don't know about you, but this rating system is a little bit tough. I don't know how to rank a casino, for reasons I will outline.

Is this place like the casinos in Singapore or Las Vegas? Well not really, I would put it in the same class as a Boyd or Station casino in Las Vegas (almost). It's not really a Marina Bay Sands or Caesars Palace. So it can't be 5 star. Then again, a really cheap property can be excellent if the price is right.

And then again, this is AFRICA!!! Woohoo!!! How often do you get to be in AFRICA? I loved it, I really did.

Hence the rating problem.

But they did copy the, ceiling should look like a sky, Vegas concept in the hallways leading to the casino and the "please patronize our stores" area.

And I did make money here. Well, lost 700 rand playing 21. Dumb I know. But I redeemed myself and made 2250 rand playing Texas holdem. I had a pair of aces which turned into a straight on the river!!!! And this fellow from India went all in. I called all in for me too, as he had more money on the table than did I. The only way he had me beat was having a 6. I put him on trip deuces, and called his bet. What the hell, right?

The Indian fellow never showed his cards, the dealer pushed the pot to me. I collected my chips and stood up. And it was funny, there was a guy behind me champing at the bit to take my seat!!!!

Which was great because that paid for the plane I rented at Sky Africa and flew around in the next day.

Hell I was glad to get out of there. I had this weird sense of, gee, it can't be this easy. Because when you get that sense, believe me, it isn't. You need to get out of there.

Good luck in Africa. What a great place to be able to say you have been to!

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Felt like Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a good time at the Casino which was very close to Safari Club. They had a big range of restaurants and lovely shows.

Lagos, Nigeria
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Want to make some money?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Want to make some money? then visit Emperor's Palace Hotel Casino. The casino is in one of the most exquisite hotels in Johannesburg, there is a restaurant where you can celebrate your winning freak and they provide shuttle services to the airport for 75 rand per couple

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“No entertainment or any shows”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Not a destination for any live shows or entertainment, but for gamblers - were there on 2 night and disappointing for a non- gambler

Hoedspruit, South Africa
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“THE PENULTIMATE THING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

you looking for fun? good food? Entertainment? a place to go to with your family? With your friends? With your business people for a meeting? for sports tv? for any other reason? GO to Emperor's Palace! Seriously! It's las vegas in Johannesburg, all in one place!! :)
Secret tip - eat at Tribes ;)

Visited February 2014