“Bad, bad, bad”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Midrand
Prerov, Czech Republic
“Bad, bad, bad”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from April 23-29. There are far better choices, avoid this property at all costs. Run down room with chipped paint, no internet access the entire week and poor amenities. The staff were fine, but the rest was well below average.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sroop

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cape Town
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I'm not normally someone who complains about hotels. I'm happy with efficient and adequate service and I don't care about luxury. But staying in this hotel was just the pits. First of all the carpets in my room were dirty with gross spots on them, the walls were filthy and needed paint, the incredibly small TV had very poor reception and the toilet was broken - I had to open the tap when I used it and then close it again after use because it was running continuously - and my room had no soap in it.

After I came back from my conference of day two of my stay, my room wasn't serviced and I had no toilet paper. When I complained about this, I was give the room next door, and I had to move all my stuff there. It also had no soap in it. There is clearly a huge maintenance and service problem at this hotel. Our whole corporate group would never stay there again and I will advice my company's travel agent never to book us into this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank alibabaman

Travellers are raving about these Midrand hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed here a few nights for a conference nearby. The hotel was fine and not too expensive. It is more like a motel. Reception staff were friendly and helpful, in contrast to the staff in the breakfast room. The location in Midrand is so-so: the surrounding area is not very attractive (apart from the Gallagher estate opposite the hotel) and not safe at night according to some. This hotel is a good option if you have business nearby, but I would hesitate to recommend it for leisure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed at the executive hotel in midrand last week while i was on business in johannesburg.
I have to say that the service and staff were excellent. They say it is a 3 star establishment but i think that the service is 5 star. I would like to say a big thank you tateenda , pam for going out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible.
Thanks executive team, i will definitely be staying there on my next trip to johannesburg. :)

Room Tip: All rooms are great but i would suggest one on the upper floor so that you have a view of the nightl...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at the Executive Hotel for 4 days and chose the hotel for its very close proximity to Gallagher Estate. Unfortunately other that that is wasn't much of a joy staying there. The first thing I asked when I checked in was where the pool was. There isn't one. Where in this day and age does a hotel not have a pool? I was given a key which meant that the key card to my room didn't work. The DSTV wasn't working and quite a few of people complained about it. They just said that the dish was out of order and that its getting fixed. Going by one of the other reviews they have been working on it for months now. The tv is too high up against the wall which means that from a lying position the angle is wrong and you can't really see the picture that well. My bed was a tad too hard and I barely slept, but perhaps that was just me. My room's one window latch was missing and to their credit they fixed it very quickly after I reported it. The breakfast must be the worst one I have ever seen in a hotel. Basically put, they don't even have meusli nor fried eggs. I was not impressed and neither were a lot of other people staying there at the same time.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Cape Town
Reviewed 12 September 2011

First of all let me tell you I spend over 100 nights each year in hotel rooms, from 2* to 5*+ hotels and I have been traveling extensivly for over 20 years.
This was my worst hotel expierence to-date!
We had a party of 4 and booked 4 hotel rooms, all of us had a negative expierence/impression of this dump.
Firstly they could not get the bookings right, they even put us in the same room when we had prepaid for 4 individual rooms. Two of the rooms were filthy with fittings hanging off the wall. The rooms can be best described as dormitories. This place is totally run down and unmaintained. The TV is a 19" monitor stuck 2m+ off the ground. The DSTV did dot work and the error message was that the service had been cancelled due to non payment. No WiFi in the rooms, no plug points at the desk, no safe. the layout of the bathroom is pathetic. One of the rooms was not even cleaned on the 2nd day. Arrived for a pre booked and payed breakfast at 8am and all the food trays were empty.

Do NOT stay at this hotel, it is not a three star and no accreditation body would even give it 2 stars. IT IS A DUMP!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JKfromSA
South Africa
Reviewed 23 July 2011

It was the first time that I stayed at this hotel doing my booking via a recent internet promotion, rates seemed good and location seemed fairly central to the Midrand area of Johannesburg where I needed to be to conduct some business. Not easy hotel to find if you are a stranger to the area, but if you have a GPS like me to help you along...no problem. Lobby was a bit retro, but neat... and the staff helpful and friendly. My room was very very average (again a bit retro) and probably only adequate for a quick overnight stay. I would not classify this hotel as a 3 star but rather 2 to 2.5 star. My card opener on the door lock did not work, and after I reported this, I was handed a key to use, which again was a bit retro - (old fashioned). No cupboard safe. A small LCD tv sort of slapped onto the wall, but with poor reception. Bed and bedding was adequate and the air-con worked ok. I requested/booked a non smoking room and I was pleased to have gotten one. Shower did not work well and had poor water pressure, soap dish in shower clung onto the wall by faith, and the jacket-hook behind the door was dangling by one screw. Dining area was neat, but dinner (bu-vet) was expensive for what you got (so I didn't feel obliged to tip as I normally do), but surprisingly the breakfast (bu-vet) was a good one and good value for money. I reported the faults in the room on checkout and the staff seemed genuine in their concerns about my complaints. One last thing. Although wi-fi is available, it is only available downstairs at the lobby, which I felt likely to be a huge let down for any serious business person who needed to work, do business, or answer e-mails from the comfort of their room. With a bit of proper maintenance, innovative management, and some added value for business people, this hotel could become a good 3 star hotel.....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midrand
BON Hotel Midrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand Samrand
The Gallagher Hotel
The Gallagher Hotel
#6 of 10 in Midrand

Been to Executive Hotel? Share your experiences!