Midrand Conference Centre
US$59
Priceline
SUN1 Midrand(Midrand)
US$49
Villa Via - Midrand(Greater Johannesburg)
US$50
US$135
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed there a few weeks ago. Brilliant service. Helpful and professional staff. Beautiful rooms. Highly recommend them. The food was great. Will definitely be going back. The managers were very kind and bent over backwards to assist me.

• Stayed: April 2014
Kaylene W, General Manager at Midrand Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Ms Retter
Thank you so much for your review. We enjoyed hosting you and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warm regards

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I attended my sister's wedding a week ago. Lets start by saying the venue is beautiful, and the wedding was wonderful, I'm not going to compliment the managing staff or the organizers. First off, I called my sister the night before her big day, she was upset. They had kicked her out of her bridal suit, claiming the other bride to be disabled, the kicker they moved my sister into the disabled suit. Money clearly talks. Then on the wedding day, we had to be there early to get ready. the security wouldn't let us in, asked why they told us to drive around to where the reception would be. Fine and dandy for the evening as we were sleeping there, but both bridal parties were getting ready close to the chapel. T minus an hour, we were told that my sister's wedding will have to be delayed by an hour as there has been a double booking. Lets get things straight at this point i would have liked a huge portion of my money back, but it's not my wedding. I suggest that who ever made these bookings be either disciplined or fired, someone's wedding is a special thing, you do not want to ruin your own business. As their way of making up they offered to drive my sister to the chapel, it wasn't even a minute walk... One of the brides maids and I reached there first as we were walking, and low and behold, they didn't have the music she wanted to use when walking in. They had sent it to the manager two weeks ago, and this was the first they even heard about it. After about another 15 minutes of struggling my sister had to get her car keys as luckily the song was on there. Ceremony was wonderful.

Now onto the reception. I was only told this later the evening that when the men were making sure everything was right, they discovered that the whole area was not like the groom told them it should be. the buffet table was set out in a straight line to the entrance, it was suppose to be set up in the corner as the DJ would be next to the kitchen doors. Luckily they got it fixed. The food was delicious. Loved the desert.

The night was a blast. but as i said before, it was managed by someone I personally deem incompetent. And as a bride-to-be I will not use this venue. Even if you paid me.

Not recommending you to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaydedvamp
Kaylene W, General Manager at Midrand Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi
Thank you for your compliments on our beautiful venue and how wonderful your sisters's wedding was at our venue - it was a lovely wedding between two exceptionally nice people. I agree with you that a wedding is a very important milestone in the life of any person and so it must be perfect and this is what we usually deliver.

I am profoundly sorry to say though that I can only agree with you on the co-ordinator. As a result of this wedding, she was put into a disciplinary hearing and has been working under full supervision since then and will not be allowed to operate on her own until she has passed the newly refreshed stringent requirements we created subsequent to your sister's wedding.

Whilst we were not able to change the fact that the wedding started late (and not incidentally because of a double booking) nor the problem with the rooming list, I did meet with your sister and brother-in-law when they got back from their honeymoon and we did reach a mutually agreeable resolution.

I hope one day to see you back here

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We went to a wedding there this past weekend. Was very excited to see the place, as I have had quotes there myself before,and the prices arent cheap. So I really expected alot more of the place. They were not organised, waiters arent trained at all. They can hardly speak properly, and they have no idea what's happening there. Everything other people have said on the reviews are true for me, except for the rooms I cant comment, we didnt use the facility. The food is lovely though and that was it. Would not recommend this to anyone, especially if you're getting married.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank antoinette k
Kaylene W, General Manager at Midrand Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Antoinette
Thank you for alerting us to your experience at Midrand Conference Centre. Our clients usually have nothing but good to say about the organisation of weddings at our venues so I would welcome you contacting me directly as we want to address any issue that needs attention.

In the meantime I am pleased to tell you that we have already dealt with the waiter company and they immediately instigated new selection criteria and revised their training programs to ensure this never happens again.

Finally,if you happen to be in the area, why not pop in for a cup of coffee with me so I can share with you some of the changes we have made here

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Whatever you do, do not book a conference or stay at the Midrand Conference Centre. This must be the most disgusting place I have ever had a coference at or stayed at in my 25 years of working! There is not a competent Manager in sight, when the conference organiser Petronella did arrive 2 hours late she sat on the black dustbin outside the venue swinging her legs for most of the day. Absolutely shocking bedrooms, bright orange walls, purple ceilings and black and gold borders on the walls - slept with the light on. The security guards were exceptionally rude and unhelpful. Would never use this venue again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Shelley-Ann
I am so sorry about your reaction to the Thai decor which is in some of the bedrooms but perhaps you were unaware that not all the rooms are in this style. Because this is a village of venues and guest houses, if we had known about your view at the time, we would have moved you as we do offer a choice of differently themed guest houses so we could have moved you to a Tuscan room or to one with a simpler white, light more contemporary feel.

I am not sure why you would have been dealing with Petronella as she is in fact a Wedding Co-ordinator but it does seem that you were not introduced to the correct managers. Training is an ongoing process here to which we continuously add new components to ensure things like this never happen again.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed there as part of a one day conference and I decided to book an extra night as I had to stay for other business. The conference facility itself is fine but the facility does not lend itself to single staying guests.

Breakfast in the morning is you alone at a 8 or more seat table, the atmosphere is cold and clinical, I don't know if dinner is available and the bar is poor excuse in the reception, again no warmth and character, surely conference facilities cater for the business man.

My room was at the top of a stair case with the light shining through the excuse of a blind, other wise the room is ok.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Hi Mike
Glad you liked our conference facilities so I am pleased to tell you that there is even more to like in this regard. We are expecting delivery of new conference equipment within the next few days.

I am sorry though to hear you were placed at an inappropriately large table for one person at breakfast but I can assure you that there are dining rooms where you can sit at a table just for you. Our guest house managers have been made more aware to be more sensitive to seating arrangements. And finally - yes we do have bars in other parts of the village, and yes you can order dinner with us.