“Hidden Gem”

Bag End Guest House B&B
Ranked #11 of 59 Midrand B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was fortunate enough to have my engagement shoot at Sonia and Nic's guest house towards the end of last year. I was completely blown away upon arrival as the pictures on the website, although lovely, do not capture the true essence of the venue: it is stylish, homely and quirky all rolled into one - definitely a one of a kind experience. From the moment my fiancé and I stepped foot into the guest house, we were warmly welcomed by Sonia and Nic show then showed us around the estate and allowed us free reign of the property: the rooms are absolutely beautiful and immaculately kept. Nothing about the estate is synthetic or insincere. I loved how every room added a romantic and quaint atmosphere without being too girly. The gardens and greens areas are so lush - something magical that came straight out of a novel. What a hidden gem in the heart of a very concrete jungle Midrand! A huge thank you to Sonia and Nic! We will definitely be seeing you again sometime for some Joburg R&R downtime!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayan L
There are newer reviews for Bag End Guest House B&B

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay with Sonia and her team.
Bag End is a hidden gem!
Ideal location just far enough away from downtown Midrand to rest in a family friendly atmosphere but close enough to access restaurants and shopping within a few minutes drive.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank julescranfield
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed in guest house for business trip. Staff very friendly and helpful. Accomodation was neat and tidy. Sonia very friendly and ensured all my needs were attended to. Can recommend as home away from home. Also enjoyed fact that all DSTV channels were available.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tania L
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Excellent guest house and hosts!
Sonia was very helpful right from the start of our stay. She and her staff were continuously attending to our needs and ensuring the best experience for us.
Sonia and Nic went out of their way to make us feel at home.
For us as a family this truly was a home away from home.
I cannot wait for my next trip so I can book a stay at Bag End.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank rlerle
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed at Bag End at the suggestion of a local colleague. I have stayed in a couple of other B&Bs in the Johannesburg area so was pleasantly surprised by this accommodation. The house is absolutely exquisite (reminding one of a French chalet), with grounds, fireplaces and an extremely friendly hostess who will do everything she can to meet your needs. You will need a car or transportation in order to get around J-burg from here, but this is not unusual for B&Bs in the area. This is truly beautiful B&B and even affordable. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Felisa T
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Hi,

It’s a short mail to say thanks for everything and hope that we will meet again.
The place is beautiful, very quiet, have a great breakfast and nice room with all the facilities.
I enjoyed a great 2 weeks in your place. The house is beautiful and very well equipped.
You and your husband were very friendly and extremely helpful, making me feel at home in the house.

Thanks again for everything
Daniel Zukerman

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Daniel Z
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Let us be honest, most bed and breakfast guest houses are basically the same - decent bed, good breakfast, convenient locations, etc. So what makes a B&B stand out from others - the people who run it. In our case, Sonia and her staff did whatever was in their power to make us feel at home. This is an outstanding B&B. We will stay again when we visit Johannesburg.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends