“friendly all over”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Midrand
Deventer, The Netherlands
“friendly all over”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

A nice hotel, close to all kinds of restaurants if you do not want to dine in the nice and very good restaurant. sitting outside next to the waterfall makes your dinner or drink a great experience. the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PH-Midrand, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear EricDene

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on this valuable channel your positive experience at the Protea Hotel Midrand.

The Hotel boasts a beautiful garden setting and the excellent and efficient service we offer is something we pride ourselves in. Your kind words will inspire us to do even better in future!

We trust that it will not long before your next stay. We do look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy this amazing tranquil environment.

Kind regards

Tania Malan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Johannesburg
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The atmosphere so inviting, staff very friendly, food divine. I enjoyed my stay and my friends wax so lyrical about the experience. I will recommend to all my friends and family. KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB OUT THERE!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PH-Midrand, Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear soloniANC1969

It is an absolute pleasure to respond to your letter of appreciation to the Protea Hotel Midrand. Thank you for your kind words! I am delighted that your friends and yourself enjoyed your stay with us! We do hope that we can offer many more "experiences of a life time" to all your friends and family visiting. Hope you will return soon!

Regards

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very friendly staff, nice clean rooms, Bathroom and shower works great. Nice outside garden and pool area. and a restaurant with an "OK" selection and quality. Not a family hotel.. more suited for business... BUT... the Wi-Fi really isn't good. you get 500MB for free.. but the line quality and speed is no use for Skype or GoTo meetings..ok.. for slow browsing and email.. if you have the time to wait for them to drizzle in. I would recommend to bring your own 3G from a local operator.
I will consider another hotel next time as i need to have a fair connection.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FHarvad
PH-Midrand, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear FHarvard

Thank you so much for your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the services and facilities we have on offer and especially thrilled that my TEAM blew you away with their spectacular service!

Your points regarding the unacceptable speed and signal for Wifi was taken up with the Hotel's service provider who will be coming through to do a site survey on Monday to assess where additional access points can be installed. They promised that this installation will be prioritised and that they are convinced that this will alleviate all the problems you experienced.

I do hope that you will consider a return visit to our property in order for you to experience the improvement. It would also be wonderful to welcome you back as our valued GUEST.

Kind regards

Sunny Sidcup
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Normally when I go to Jo'Berg I have the pleasure of staying at the Intercontinental at the airport. On this occasion I was booked into this one due to easy access to my all day meeting. What a disappointment!!! Not a cheap hotel but by comparison no better than a Travelodge in UK. My company paid a high rate for porr quality rooms, we had three rooms booked. The room was dreadful! The hotel looked tired. I took some colleagues for dinner in the restaurant and I have to say, a very mediocre meal, very disappointing! The only two good points are 1. Lovely friendly staff, which I find everywhere I travel in Africa and 2. A very nice breakfast buffet. However those two points are not enough to save it and I shall not return to it again and I will also be advising my company not to use it in future. I have stayed in other Protea hotels in Africa and there is no comparison. Disappointing. After a hard day in the office you need a nice hotel to return to.
I will go back to the Intercontinental on my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SEB1967
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear SEB1967

Thank you for your feedback and for posting it on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely sorry that we did not meet, nor exceed your expectations during your stay.

Protea Hotel Midrand is conveniently located for those needing to business in the area. Providing a clean and fresh room is important to Protea Hotels and I can assure you that I will look into your concerns.

I understand the importance of coming back to a comfortable hotel to relax and have a meal after a day at the office. I am disappointed that your meal was below par and I will discuss this with the restaurant TEAM immediately.

I am however pleased that the STAFF was friendly and the breakfast buffet was plentiful.

Protea Hotel Midrand

Travellers are raving about these Midrand hotels

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

protea Midrand gives you that warm welcome as soon as you walk into the lobby. My best area of the hotel is the outside garden by the poolside with the waterfall near the veranda. The rooms are simple, modern and ideal for the business traveller.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Hassan S

It is heartwarming to hear such positive feedback from our GUESTS. Thank you for taking the time to share it on TripAdvisor.

I am privileged to work with an incredible TEAM. They are dedicated to achieving excellence in all areas. We want our GUESTS to feel at home during their stay and I will convey your comments to the STAFF and congratulate them on their outstanding service.

I am glad you enjoyed the rooms and I hope you made use of our complimentary 500mb Wi-Fi as we understand the importance of staying connected.

Until your next visit, we wish you safe travels.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The thing that stand out the most when staying at this hotel is how friendly the staff was. from the reception to the breakfast staff. We are Vegan and Patrick the chef was very helpful and accommodating. When I am in the area I will stay here again, Rooms very comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: make sure your room is far away from the service rooms that the staff use fro there cleaning materia...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Warren V
Dear Warren V

What a wonderful review. Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Protea Hotels aim to provide the best GUEST service and your comments affirm that our efforts are being noticed. I will commend the TEAM on creating a warm and welcoming environment for our GUESTS. I will make special mention of Patrick who did a great job in ensuring your complete satisfaction regarding your dietary requirements.

I am sure that the comfortable rooms were the cherry on the top. There is nothing like a good night's sleep during your travels.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back on your next visit.

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Visit JB for exhibition in Galagher convention centre, its hotel location was not too far even you can go anywhere if you dont have any vehicle with you. Set in the middle up property location and beautiful landscape was another experience to stay in this hotel. The Lobby furniture and interior was have warm setup and the coffee shop as well. i like the out side situasion when having breakfast there with the very nice Garden.
Room also nice, clean and bathroom also nice. I like their toiletries with special fragrance but the way to your room hm.....please ask the room near reception. I have to take down the stair and then walk and then take another stairs with huge luggage then finally I found my room. I think they have to put some more people to help specially if the group of people come.
Breakfast was ok

Room Tip: Ask the room nearcthe reception
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
ProteaHotels, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear masrura

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

Protea Hotel Midrand is definitely where you want to stay between Sandton and Pretoria. I am thrilled that our location was convenient for your conference and that you found what you needed nearby.

We are fortunate to be surrounded by wonderful gardens, which can be enjoyed whilst having breakfast. They certainly help one relax after a long day at the office.

I am sorry that you did not receive sufficient assistance with your luggage. We do have STAFF to assist our GUESTS and I will discuss this with the TEAM.

Please rest assured that there is a comfortable room waiting for you when you next visit Johannesburg.

Protea Hotel Midrand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midrand
Premier Hotel Midrand
City Lodge Hotel Waterfall City
The Gallagher Hotel
The Gallagher Hotel
#6 of 10 in Midrand

Been to Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand? Share your experiences!