“Disappointment”

Blue Feather Fine Dining & Bistro
Ranked #73 of 90 Restaurants in Midrand
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant currently under revamp with new management
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We were totally disappointed by this restaurant. The food is most definitely not even remotely close to fine dining. The Haloumi salad is served without a dressing. A few slices of haloumi and cherry tomotoes with a plate full of leaves. When we asked for some balsamic vinegar we were presented with some sort of wine dressing that left the salad with a bitter taste. The chicken fillet with mushroom sauce was very bland. The sauce tasted like ready made sauce from a bottle. The biggest disappointment was the dessert. Some store bought cake served with cream that was beyond it's sell by date ( sour). Give this restaurant a skip.

5  Thank Hctal

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The food was outstanding !! Ambiance was great around the fire !! Service needs attention !! But on the whole excellent !!

1  Thank Mariosnr
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We purchased meals for 4 through Groupon, in order to celebrate a birthday, and enjoyed the evening very much. The food was good, and the service attentive. Our waiter wasn't sure of the contents of some of the dishes, but was friendly, found out, and gave accurate feedback.

1  Thank Cathie W
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I bought Groupon vouchers for my family for my mothers birthday. I should have known when the only other table of patrons complained and left. The menu was not what I paid for, the mains of fish, chicken or beef roll up's were so dry it was inedible...nevermind tasteless. Drinks were expensive, management automatically adds a service fee onto the bill and the play area is not maintained with a security gate to a high voltage room left dangerously open. Worst food I have ever had. Manager on duty indifferent.

4  Thank Theressa L
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visited the restaurant over the weekend for a friends birthday, who bought a deal on groupon with a set menu, on arrival to the restaurant the menu had changed without informing the friend who bought the deal. I also bought a deal when I saw what they had on the menu but after what we received on the night I am thinking of requesting for a refund from groupon.

3  Thank Ipelip