“Luxurious and modern hotel that offers excellent service and dining.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Muldersdrift
Southern Sun Silverstar Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Muldersdrift
Centurion, South Africa
“Luxurious and modern hotel that offers excellent service and dining.”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I decided to stay at this hotel for a weekend getaway not far from home.
This magnificent hotel exceeded all our expectations.
Upon arrival we were greeted in a very friendly way by Athel at reception, where we were immediately made to feel comfortable during their efficient check-in procedure.
After being offered welcoming drinks by Makujune, he accompanied us to our room and first checked the TV, Air Conditioner and lights upon entering the room.
The room was found to be very tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. It also offered a view of their spectacular fountains similar to the Las Vegas, Bellagio Musical Fountains.(without the dancing effect).
The buffet breakfast at their Silver Spoon restaurant offered a nice variety of dishes. Sydney from management was always present and visited our table to enquire whether everything was to our satisfaction. The Sunday buffet at the Centre Star restaurant also turned out to be very good value for money at R120 per person. A great variety of very tasty dishes from starters to desserts were provided. I enjoy having a bottle of red wine with Sunday lunch, and was impressed that their wine prices were rather reasonable.
We also decided to spend some time in the Casino and found it to be a very well managed and professionally run Casino.
I believe that this hotel has since been taken over by new owners, and trust that this high standard would be maintained.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper level provide a better view of the musical fountains and surrounding area.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeonKay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Johannesburg
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Went to Silver Star for a conference with about 200 delegates, and didn't stay over. While it wasn't bad, there were a few lapses which spoilt it a bit for me. It's located a bit far from Johannesburg, and the entrance does look quite attractive. Staff were helpful with parking and directions, and I arrived for my gig just before morning tea. When the group broke for tea, it was just too crowded, and there was a bottleneck that lasted throughout tea-time. Even worse, they ran out of biscuits. Now that is just not okay if you are selling yourself as a 5-star resort - no matter who your customers are. I asked some of the staff if they could get some extra biscuits, but they were indifferent.

Popped into the venue after tea, and sat near the stage. But when I went to plug in my computer there was a big sign saying there was no power available at the plug. I searched and searched, but couldn't find anything near where I was sitting.

Lunchtime came, and once again, too few stations, and the inevitable long queues so that I managed to gulp down leftovers (again, staff decided that because I was near the end nothing else was coming out,) right at the end of lunch. At afternoon tea there were some nice muffins and scones, and a lot leftover, but by then it was too late.

These are not difficult problems to solve: bottlenecks mean that you create at least one extra station, and what you do is find out the profile of the delegates from your clients beforehand. As a guest speaker, I couldn't bring this up with my client, but the hotel/casino made a very poor impression on me, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to any of my clients if they ask.

All in all, a very ordinary experience for conferencing.

Room Tip: If you are organising your conference there, make sure to pin them down to committing to sufficient...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AkiJohannesburg
KRUGERSDROP
Reviewed 26 May 2010

My husband and I have stayed overnight at two occassions in the Silverstar hotel. What an experience! I am one of the lucky ones who travelled aboard and none of the hotels there, or here in South Africa can be compared to Silverstar hotel. The interior decorating in the rooms are beautiful. When booked into the hotel we felt like royalty. The staff are very competent and friendly and you really feel important. The rooms are beautiful. The bathroom is something to be seen. The extras that they do, like red rose petals on the bed, slippers and gowns add to a warm stay. The breakfast is scrumptous. The view on the water fountain at night is something from another world.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MerciaKrugersdorp
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My wife and I were able to book into this hotel for our anniversary. With it being so new, we were not sure what to expect, and were pleasantly surprised.
Check in was quick and efficient, and we were also offered a fruit cocktail on arrival.
Our room turned out to be a suite which was tastefully decorated.
The bed was extremely comfortable, and we also had 2 LCD TV's in the room had we wanted to watch different channels, and a DVD player was also available if necessary.
Seperate guest WC in the room is a nice touch.
The tea and coffee amenities were great, and one had the choice of instant or ground coffee.
The bathroom is spectacular, with wardrobes in the bathroom area, and there was a seperate large bath and shower, as well as two seperate handbasins.

While the hotel restaurant did not offere meals, excepting for breakfast, there are several other eateries available, however, the restaurant we chose was not up to scratch, even though the food was tasty.

Breakfast at the hotel was good.

The staff were extremely friendly and attentive.

The Sliverstar Casino Muldersdrift must surely rate as one of the better hotels I have stayed in, so well done to the staff and management of this hotel for providing a great anniversary gift for us.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brutus_8
Duduzile N, Manager at Southern Sun Silverstar Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2016
Hi Brutus,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our service at Southern Sun Silverstar , I know how valuable your time is and so appreciate your feedback.
I am delighted to hear that you had a favourable experience during your visit. Our aim is to continually unleash value in every possible way, it is so good to hear that we are getting it right!

Warmest wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muldersdrift
Forum Homini Hotel
African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa
Maropeng Boutique Hotel
Maropeng Boutique Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site

Been to Southern Sun Silverstar Hotel? Share your experiences!