“beautiful...to say the least!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Avianto

Avianto
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Muldersdrift
Windhoek, Namibia
“beautiful...to say the least!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

When I drove onto the estate on the morning of 8 March 2014 it's beauty literally took my breathe away! I immediately understood why it is ranked as the most sought after wedding venue in Gauteng! It is beautiful! I was blown awat by the welcome I received. My room was beautiful. ..attention was paid to so much detail except for the tv. For the price I paid, I expected a flat screen tv...instead I was greeted by one of those old school telefunken tiny tv in a huge (and stunning) cupboard.
The wedding I attended was beautiful! The food was tops so was the wine! Breakfast the next morning was fantastic too!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had our wedding at Avianto and it was the best day of our lives. Everything was perfect and thought out to the very last detail by the Avianto team. We did not have to stress or worry about a single thing. We were taken care of. Beautiful surroundings, amazing chapel and ballroom and honeymoon suite to dazzle you. Most importantly in any wedding is the food and we are still receiving compliments on the food from all our guests saying that this was the first wedding they enjoyed the food. Avianto we take our hats off to you and thank you for giving us a day that we will never forget!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river and have your breakfast whilst enjoying the amazing view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

This report is long over due, originally i wanted to write this review after our revisit to Avianto unfortunately my husband and I didn't make it due to the difficult past year and a half.
We got married at Avianto in November 2012 and came away upset with some of the services. After I had written my review on trip advisor Helen contacted me the following morning and invited us to Avianto to discuss the problems. After our meeting it was clear that they were already working to amend our comments, we were also invited back for a night on our 1st anniversary. Unfortunately as mentioned above we have had a difficult past 18 months to say the least resulting in my husband and I currently living in different countries due to VISA issues and family emergencies. We will one day visit Avianto again! Also please ignore date travelled i put the intended date for our initial revisit that unfortunately didn't happen.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We got married at Avianto on 14 Feb 2014 and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! The wedding was exactly what we dreamt of and more, not one thing was out of place or went wrong. The staff was amazing, the coordinators superb and the venue as beautiful as ever. We would defiantly refer anyone to this venue. Every single request I gave was for-filled and more. amazing accommodation, the honeymoon suite to die for!
No regrets and no complaints at all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at Avianto for a sales conference , excellent venue , excellent service and divine menu for such a large crowd of representatives. very little fault , if any here , plenty of secluded break away venues for great business meetings .
been to many but this one of the best

Room Tip: Check when conferences are on as I guess it could be a bit noisy if you there at the same time?
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My wife accompanied me to my business trip to joburg where the seminar was held here in avianto
We might not have chosen to stay here if it not were for the official venue as it is at least 40 mins drive from nearest town sandton
The menu is limited with little variation
The pros are
Their awesome staff for their hospitality
The beauty of their property, architecture and being so close to nature
It is mostly a wedding venue as the hotel specializes in wedding functions. Many options for ppl interested to tie the knot in a secluded location close to nature
Bird watchers would love the variety of birds found here.

Overall it was a nice stay. Would recommend for a couple planking to stay away from city for a weekend

Very near to lion park and cradle of humankind

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were fortunate to have our wedding at Avianto, and must compliment the coordinators for the excellent job they did. The venue could not be more suited to that special day both in design and the gardens. All requests pertaining to the wedding portion of our stay were attended to with greatest of care. The food for the wedding reception was excellent. The unfortunate portion of the stay was the accommodation. The rooms are in need of repair and linen is also in need of replacement. The reception staff did not seem equipped to answer or deal with simple queries such as opening of a safe that was locked on arrival. The food quality and service at the coffee shop / restaurant also left much to be desired. The service of breakfast basics such as coffee or tea was a strain and having to ask for a napkin as none are set on the table then being told these were in the laundry. The breakfast choice was limited and doesn't hold a candle to offering by other 4 star properties/hotels. I would recommend Avianto for the pure professionalism of the function/wedding coordinators, but if you looking for a special "weekend" getaway you may reconsider.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Trevordol, Owner at Avianto, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your experience at Avianto.
I have taken action with regards to the service received as well as the accommodation, to ensure all aspects of my business continue to exceed our guests expectations.
This is the foundation on which I have built my business for the last 16 years, and while I am glad you experienced this in the banqueting department, I trust when you next return you will have a phenomenal leisure experience as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muldersdrift
Misty Hills Country Hotel
#4 of 7 in Magaliesburg
Maropeng Boutique Hotel
Maropeng Boutique Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site

Been to Avianto? Share your experiences!